Some of the celebrity chefs of India are now a known name in the culinary world. India is a culturally rich country when it comes to food, taste, and traditions. But it takes much more than the rich and diverse proffering of traditional Indian fare to keep up this richness and heritage.
These celebrity chefs of India have worked hard for years to hone their skills, specializing in specific cuisines as well as creating a fusion with global cuisines while maintaining the authentic flavours. They have travelled far and wide in the world as well as deep into little known Indian villages in search of recipes.
Must Read: India’s Top Five Business Women
Here are some of the best celebrity chefs of India that have taken the passion for food and cooking to another level:
- Sanjeev Kapoor is the first Indian celebrity chef, television personality, a restaurateur and an entrepreneur.
- Kapoor has his own TV show Khana Khazana, which is the longest running show of its kind in Asia.
- He is the writer of top cookbooks and is one of the most respected chefs in the world.
- Vikas Khanna is a renowned name in the world food industry.
- He runs his own restaurant ‘Junoon’ in New York. Junoon is one of the first Indian restaurants in the world to be awarded a star by the Michelin Guide. By now, Junoon has received Michelin Star for six consecutive years, without letting its standards dip one bit.
- In July 2010, he prepared a satvik meal for Barak Obama and followed it up with another meal in 2014, where he served Himalayan cuisine to him.
- He is the host of TV shows Master Chef India on Star Plus, Twist of Tales on Fox Traveller, Mega Kitchens on National Geographic.
- Author of 25 cookbooks including UTSAV which is world’s most expensive cookbook and has been presented to HH Dalai Lama, Pope Francis, Narendra Modi, Barak Obama, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II including others.
Must Read: Best cafes to visit in Hauz Khas, New Delhi
celebrity chefs of India
- Ranveer Brar is an Indian chef, food stylist, TV show host and Judge.
- He hosts multiple television shows like Breakfast Xpress, Snack Attack, Homemade, The Great Indian Rasoi, Health Bhi Taste Bhi, Ranveer’s Cafe, and Thank God It’s Fryday.
- He was also one of the judges of Master Chef India season 4.
- He launched his first book in the year 2016 titled, ‘Come into My Kitchen’.
- Pankaj Bhadouria quit her 16-year old teaching profession to participate and went on to become the first Master Chef India (2010).
- She also has an official MasterChef Cookbook in her name and has authored two more cookery books named Barbie- I am a Chef and Chicken from my Kitchen.
- Pankaj Bhadouria hosts TV shows and has participated in various international culinary shows.
Must Read: The Most Expensive Heritage Hotels in India
- Kunal Kapur is an Indian celebrity chef and restaurateur born in New Delhi.
- He has hosted TV series Master Chef India Season 1, 2, 3 and 5 and Junior Master Chef India Season 1.
- Kapur was rated as one of the Best Indian chefs in Delhi by India Today in January 2008, and was also presented with the title “the next big guy in kebabs and curries in India”.
- He is the brand ambassador of United Ways Delhi, a not for profit organization that focuses on improving the lives of the underprivileged and helps them establish small- scale businesses.
- Ritu Dalmia is an Indian celebrity chef and restaurateur born in Kolkata.
- Dalmia has been awarded the ‘Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity’ in December 2011 by the Govt. of Italy.
- In 2000, she opened an Italian restaurant “Diva” along with a partner, Gita Bhalla and also runs a café at the Italian Embassy’s Italian Cultural Centre in Delhi.
- She has also authored a cookbook Travelling Diva: Recipes from around the World in 2012.
- Ritu is one of the most respected Indian chefs in the world.
Recommended Reading: The journey of Oberoi Group of Hotels