People who have come forward to rebuild Odisha. Odisha has witnessed seven serious cyclones in the last 50 years:
- Cyclonic storm in October 1971 claimed more than 10000 lives. Around 10 Lakh people were left homeless.
- Again in 1999, a Super cyclonic storm affected more than 1.29 crore people and around 10000 got killed.
- In October 2013 came the famous Cyclone Phailin affecting more than 1.3 crore people.
- October 2014 saw Cyclone Hudhud affecting more than 2.5 Lakh people.
- Cyclone Titli in 2018 affected around 60 Lakh people.
- The state saw another cyclone in 2018, Phethai, which affected around 20,000 people
- A few days back on 3rd May 2019, Super Cyclone Fani killed more than 38 people in Odisha and hundreds of people are left homeless.
Cyclone Fani left major destructions in Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, and Bangladesh. People from all walks of life are coming together to contribute to help the affected people and rebuild Odisha.
Here is the list of people who have come forward to rebuild Odisha:
- Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik donated his one year’s salary to Chief Minister’s relief fund for the cause.
- Dalai Lama donated Rs.1 crore on behalf of the Dalai Lama Trust to provide relief and rebuild Odisha.
- Adani Group has committed to donate Rs.25 Crores.
- ICICI Bank has offered Rs.10 Crores.
- Steel Authority of India has announced to supply 15,000 electric poles to areas devastated by Cyclone Fani.
Also read: Indian celebrities who survived cancer
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan also donated his one month’s salary towards the cause.
- Government of Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh donated Rs.10 crores each while Chhattisgarh government donated Rs.11 crore.
- Uttarakhand government donated Rs.5 crore for rehabilitation in Odisha.
- Actor Akshay Kumar donated Rs.1 crore to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to help the cyclone affected people.
- Bollywood celebrities like Abhishek Bachchan, Rajkumar Rao, Tiger Shroff, Disha Patani, Varun Dhawan, Boman Irani, Terence Lewis, Tamannaah Bhatia, and Kapil Sharma requested their fans to donate for the cyclone affected people.
- A relief package of Rs.1086 Crores for relief and rehabilitation in Odisha, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and Andhra Pradesh has been announced by the Central Government.
If you want to contribute to rebuilt Odisha, here’s the link to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund, Government of India.
People of Odisha need our help. It’s high time to show your love and humanity for the cyclone affected people.