Planning to undertake the Badrinath Dham Yatra, here are some places to visit in Badrinath.
The Badrinath temple is one of the most legendary temples situated in Chamoli district in the state of Uttarakhand. In the Choti Chaar Dham Yatra which includes Yamnotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath, it is the last and the most celebrated spot for pilgrims. Badrinath is a land of countless legends, snowy mountains, river Alaknanda and incredible landscapes. This Hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
These are some of the places to visit in Badrinath:
- Tapt Kund: It is a hot water spring situated right at the entrance of Badrinath and next to it there is a Cold Water River. The pilgrims that visit this place feel refreshed and all their exhaustion goes away after they take a dip in this spring.
- Charanpaduka: It is 3kms above Badrinath temple. It is believed that it is the footprint of Lord Shiva. Charan in Hindi means the feet; hence this place is revered and worshipped by the devotees.
- Neelkanth Peak: It is 9kms from Badrinath temple. The mountain changing its color from blue to orange to gold is the most amazing thing.
- Vasudhara falls: It is situated 11.5kms away from Badrinath and is a 6kms long fall. From Vasudhara falls, you can witness the majestic glacier which sources Alaknanda River.
For any query about Ranikhet packages:- Enquire Now
The most common festivals held at Badrinath temple are:
- “Mata murti ka Mela” in which they thank River Ganga for helping life exist on earth.
- “Badri Kedar’’ is a festival that is celebrated in the month of June in both Badrinath and Kedarnath temple. It lasts for 8 days; artists from different countries participate and perform at this festival.
There are different ways to reach Badrinath Dham:
- By Air: Jolly Grant Airport, Rishikesh is the nearest airport to Gangotri.
- By Train: Regular trains from Dehradun and Rishikesh are available.
- By Bus: The routes are well connected and buses can be found easily.
The best time to visit the Badrinath Dham is from April to June and September to November.
A visit to Badrinath is not only about the temple or pilgrimage but very much about the stunning mountains, snow, and greenery that add to the beauty of this place. One should carry sweaters, woolen clothes and first-aid during the trip. It is a must visit and we are sure that you will feel relaxed and positive once you visit the Badrinath Temple and experience its exotic beauty and mysticism.
For more details on places to visit in Badrinath and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.