Places to visit in India in July – The month of July is the right time for people who are planning a trip. In this month, the plants are rich and many tourist activities take place. Travelling is easier in July with a pleasant climate in India.
Here are some places to visit in India in July:
- Leh is the capital of Ladakh. It is a town in the state of Jammu and Kashmir that has strong links with Buddhism and Tibetan culture.
- It is a perfect destination for a holiday with high rising mountain peaks, beautiful lakes, and good climate and the nature in all its glory.
- Leh is a very famous tourist destination for those who love outdoor activities, biking and adventure sports.
Must Read: Best Places to Visit in April in India
- Uttarakhand is famously known as the Devbhoomi because of a large number of Hindu temples and pilgrimage centers found in the state.
- You will fall in love with the beauty of Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand has lofty mountains, greenery and lakes, places to trek, adventure activities and much more which makes it one of the most popular tourist places in India.
- As the monsoon starts by end-June or early-July, make sure to check the weather forecast before proceeding for your trip.
Also read: Best Places to visit in September in India
- Karnataka is the eighth largest state by a population that comprises 30 districts.
- The Jog waterfall, the highest waterfall in India is located in Karnataka and is the main attraction.
- A large number of dams and reservoirs are constructed across some of the important rivers of Karnataka are Kaveri, Tungabhadra, Krishna, and the Sharavathi.
- Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya and is considered as “The Abode of Clouds”.
- It is a hill station in India and is one of the smallest states in India.
- Some of the major attractions are Elephant Falls, Lady Hydari Park, Wards Lake, Shillong Golf Course, Rhino Heritage Museum, Motphran and Shillong Peak.
Must Read: Best Places to Visit in May in India
- Kerala is one of the tourist destinations of India that has various hill stations, beaches, Ayurvedic tourism, and the tropical greenery.
- It connects you to the beauty of nature through its various hills and hill stations.
- One can enjoy the long chain of lush mist-clad hill stations of Kerala and explore the various plantations, wildlife, flora, and fauna that comprise an integral part of this experience.
- Monsoon is considered to be the best time for taking Ayurveda treatments.
- Kodaikanal, popularly known as the ‘Princess of Hill stations’ is situated in Tamil Nadu.
- Some of the places to visit in Kodaikanal are Kodai Lake, Bryant Park, Coaker’s Walk, Bear Shola Falls, Silver Cascade, Pillar Rocks, etc.
- The nearest airport to Kodai is Madurai. There is no direct train facility to Kodaikanal.
- Himachal Pradesh, the mountain state with its Himalayan landscapes attracts tourists from all over the world.
- Some of the famous places to visit in Himachal Pradesh are Shimla, Manali, Dharamshala, Dalhousie, Chamba, Khajjiar, Kullu and Kasauli.
- The state is also known for its adventure tourism activities like ice skating in Shimla, paragliding in Bir Billing and Solang valley, rafting in Kullu, skiing in Manali, and boating in Bilaspur.