Places to visit in monsoon in India – Monsoon places are magical because rains are magical. There is always a bliss in taking vacations in the rainy weather. All you need from a vacation is relaxation, exploring new places, meeting new people and some adventure with pleasant weather. This is why monsoons are absolutely the right time for a vacation. You will get to enjoy all the activities in your day with the gentle winds, light raindrops and the addictive smell of the Wet Soil (Sludge). The best time for a vacation in monsoon is definitely June, July, or August. Here are some of the most popular Places to visit in monsoon in India.
Places to visit in monsoon in India
- Lonavala is a hill station in Maharashtra resting in the greenery of the Sahyadri Mountains.
- Major attractions here include Bushi Dam, Pawna Lake, Tungarli Lake, Tiger’s Leap, Lion’s Point. Along with these the Rajmachi fort and Tikona are also popular to visit.
- Driving to Lonavala is the best idea. Pune has the nearest air and railways connection to Lonavala which is 64 km. You can also get to Lonavala from Mumbai by taking a road trip covering a distance of 96 km. Buses are available from Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Bangalore.
Do read: Top five places to shop in Goa
- The place is famous for Coffee plantations. India has many beautiful places but Coorg is one of the most beautiful monsoon places of India.
- Major attractions here include the Abbey, Irpu, Mallalli, Chingara, Chelavara, and Jog Waterfalls. A trek to the highest peak of Tadiandamol or Brahmagiri. The Madikeri Fort, and the rainbow if you are lucky enough to catch a glimpse of it.
- The nearest airport to Coorg is at Mangalore, 135 km away. The nearest railway stations are Mysore, Mangalore, and Hassan. Also, buses are available from Bangalore, Mysore, Chennai, and Hosur. If you plan to drive then Coorg is a 5-hour drive from Bangalore.
Places to visit in monsoon in India
Do read: The Five Best Churches of Goa
- Munnar is like a paradise. It is also one of the must-visit monsoon places of India. You will find many tea plantations around. The best part about Munnar is that the place can be visited all year round.
- Major attractions here include treks, varied cuisines, exquisite wildlife in the Anamudi region, lakes in Devikulam and the Attukal Waterfalls.
- Munnar is a 3 hr and 40 min drive from Cochin (130 km). The State Buses frequently travel to this route. The nearest railway stations are Ernakulam and Aluva. The nearest airports are Cochin 110 km and Madurai 140 km away.
Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand
- You will find flowers of every possible shade here with a variety of about 500 types of flowers. This valley is part of the National Park.
- It is indeed a wonderful trek adventure and to look at the variance of colored flowers and the aroma that comes along with it is truly blissful.
- You can take a bus from Govindghat (18 km away). The nearest airport is Dehradun and nearest railway station is Rishikesh. You can also reach till Govindghat from either Srinagar (Rishikesh) or Ranikhet (Haldwani). From Govindghat you either trek for 13 km or take a bus and reach till Ghangaria from where you will have to trek 3 km.
- Remember, this is a difficult trek and you need to be physically fit to visit the Valley of flowers.
Must Read: The Most Happening Beaches of Goa
- It one of those places where rains are least received. It has many lakes which are not only pleasant because of the weather but because of its beauty. It is also one of the most romantic places of India.
- Major attractions here include the Monsoon Palace a.k.a Sajjan Garh, Pichola Lake, Fateh Sagar Lake for which you can take boat rides. The royal architecture is amazing to watch. Don’t miss to visit the City Palace as well.
- The best part of Udaipur is that it is easily reachable by any public transport, air (Maharana Pratap airport), road (connected to all cities) or rail (Udaipur railway station).
The above are some of the best Places to visit in monsoon in India. If you are interested in visiting any of these beautiful places, do send in your details from the Enquire Now button.