PM CARES fund donations by businessmen – India is currently battling against deadly coronavirus. The Indian Government had declared a complete lockdown across the country for 21 days. PM Narendra Modi created CARES fund to help people whose lives are impacted due to spread of Covid-19 and requested people to donate towards the cause. Several Indian business tycoons like Anand Mahindra, Mukesh Ambani, Ratan Tata and many others have pledged to help fight the coronavirus. In this article, know about the donations from Indian business tycoons/ business houses to fight against COVID-19
pm cares fund donations by businessmen
Mukesh Ambani – Reliance Group
- Reliance Industries Chairman and India’s richest man, Mukesh Ambani pledged to donate Rs 5 crore to Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund and Rs 5 crore to Gujarat Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
- RIL and Reliance Foundation contribute Rs. 500 crore to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund of Maharashtra.
- Daily, One Lakh masks for health-workers.
- Fifty lakh free meals in the next 10 days across the nation.
- Reliance Foundation, led by his wife Nita Ambani is providing a free meal to needy people across the country.
- Reliance Retail will provide basic supplies for millions of Indians via stores and home deliveries.
- RIL will provide free fuel to emergency vehicles carrying Covid-19 patients.
- Ambani has also donated a hospital for the patients battling COVID-19. Ambani will also set a 100-bed centre at Seven Hills Hospital in Mumbai, with a fully-equipped isolation facility in Lodhivali, Maharashtra for COVID-19 patients.
Ratan Tata – The TATA Group
- Tata Group announced a contribution of Rs 500 crore towards the PM CARES fund as part of their overall commitment of Rs 1,500 crore.
- Ratan Tata, Chairman Tata Trusts and Chairman Emeritus Tata Sons, has committed Rs 500 crore towards manufacturing of personal protective equipment, and testing kits.
The COVID 19 crisis is one of the toughest challenges we will face as a race. The Tata Trusts and the Tata group companies have in the past risen to the needs of the nation. At this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time. pic.twitter.com/y6jzHxUafM
— Ratan N. Tata (@RNTata2000) March 28, 2020
Anand Mahindra – Mahindra Group
- Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra has pledged to contribute 100% of his salary to the fund.
- He also offers to lighten the burden on healthcare facilities.
- Anand Mahindra will create fund to assist SMEs and SMBs.
- Mahindra offered to convert Mahindra Holiday resorts as temporary health care facilities.
—To help in the response to this unprecedented threat, we at the Mahindra Group will immediately begin work on how our manufacturing facilities can make ventilators.
—At Mahindra Holidays, we stand ready to offer our resorts as temporary care facilities. (3/5)
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) March 22, 2020
Sudha Murthy- Infosys Foundation
- Infosys Foundation donated Rs 100 crore to fight coronavirus.
- The foundation contributed half of this amount to expand hospital capacity and enable hospital stays for poor.
- 10 crore has been donated to Akshaya Patra Foundation to distribute grocery boxes to the migrant laborers and daily wage earners.
Anil Agarwal – Vedanta Resources Limited
- Executive Chairman of Vedanta Resources Limited has pledged Rs 100 cr to fight the coronavirus.
- He tweeted, “I am committing 100 cr towards fighting the Pandemic. #DeshKiZarooratonKeLiye is a pledge that we undertook & this is the time when our country needs us the most. Many people are facing uncertainty & I’m especially concerned about the daily wage earners, we will do our bit to help”.
I am committing 100 cr towards fighting the Pandemic. #DeshKiZarooratonKeLiye is a pledge that we undertook & this is the time when our country needs us the most. Many people are facing uncertainty & I’m specially concerned about the daily wage earners, we will do our bit to help pic.twitter.com/EkxOhTrBpR
— Anil Agarwal (@AnilAgarwal_Ved) March 22, 2020
Anupama Venugopal Nadella- Wife of Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Anupama Nadella has donated Rs 2 crore to the Telangana Chief Minister Welfare Fund which will help the poor during the lockdown period.
Ms. Anupama Venugopal Nadella, wife of Microsoft CEO Sri Satya Nadella announced a donation of Rs 2 crore. A Cheque for Rs 2 Crore was handed over to Chief Minister Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao sir by Ms. Anupama’s father and former senior IAS officer Sri KR Venugopal.@KTRTRS pic.twitter.com/4aDT6oRtOb
— B. Ravi Kiran TRSV (@RaviKiranTRSV3) March 24, 2020
Designer Anita Dongre
- Designer Anita Dongre pledged a medical fund of Rs 1.5 crore to support small vendors, self-employed artisans, and partners associated with her brand who may not have medical insurance.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma- Paytm
- Paytm founder, Vijay Shekhar announced that he will donate his salary for the next two months to help the Paytm staff.