Happiness, love, excitement and zeal among the people have reached a height because the festival of colours Holi is around the corner. With colours and sweets, Holi is enjoyed by most of the people. Here are some precautions to take during Holi to prevent any damage, infection or injury from the harsh colours and other chemicals.
These are some of the precautions to take during Holi:
- Protect your eyes from harsh colours but do not use contact lens while playing Holi. It’s better to wear glasses or sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun as well as the colours.
- Avoid clothes which absorb water. As wearing wet clothes for long can cause skin allergies like rashes, itching and also increase your chances of catching a cold.
- Cover your head with a bandana or scarf. Apply a layer of oil on your head in order to repel the colours.
- You can also make Holi colours at home with natural henna, neem leaves, mint, hibiscus flowers, marigold petals, turmeric powder and rose petals.
- It is very important for you to stay hydrated while you are busy playing Holi. So drink clean water throughout to keep your energy levels high.
- The official drink of Holi, bhang, when consumed in large quantities can result in increased blood pressure and an increase in the heart rate. Drink it in limit and avoid mixing it with alcohol and other toxic substances.
- Avoid playing with water balloons. Throwing water balloons at a person with force can cause serious injuries to eyes, ears and skin.
- To protect your teeth from colour stains you can use dental cap. Do not forget to brush your teeth after playing Holi.
- Try to avoid the usage of Grease colours and play with light red and pink colours as they are easy to remove. Dark colours like purple, silver and black contain more chemicals and can damage your skin.
- If you hurt yourself while playing Holi, wash that particular area and put ice on it. Clean the affected area with an antibacterial lotion to avoid infection, and get a tetanus injection in case you haven’t taken one in the last 5-6 months.
Must Read- Five famous Holi sweets that you must eat