Princess Diana Interesting Facts – Before we begin with facts about Princess Diana let us know some common details… Diana was the Princess of Wales. She came from the Spencer family and her name was Diana Frances Spencer. Princess Diana was born on 1st July 1961 and lived her life till 31st August 1997. Princess Diana was a member of the British Royal family. Princess Diana became an international icon and was popular mostly because of her activism and glamour.
Princess Diana Interesting Facts
Here are some facts about Princess Diana.
- Princess Diana was 5’10” in height.
- She grew up with 4 more siblings.
- Princess Diana grew up in the Park House which is situated on the Sandringham estate. Her family leased the house from Queen Elizabeth II.
- Princess Diana was more talented in music and was homeschooled until she was 9 years old. She also loved Ballet but her height held her back. – Princess Diana Interesting Facts
- She was the first British Citizen to have married an heir to the British throne since 1659.
- Prince Charles proposed to Princess Diana at the Buckingham Palace on 3rd February 1981.At the time of their engagement she was working in a preschool playground as an assistant.
- Princess Diana was 12 years younger to Prince Charles.
- It was Princess Diana’s elder sister who introduced Diana to Prince Charles.
Must Read: Auspicious wedding dates and time in 2019
Some more Facts about Princess Diana
- The wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles had 750 million viewers.
- Before the marriage of Prince Charles and Princess Diana,Charles dated her older sister.
- Princess Diana was the first to omit ‘Obey him and Serve him’ in her vows during the wedding which has been followed up by Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle.
- Princess Diana’s wedding gown was made of Silk Taffeta and Antique lace, decorated with embroidery, sequins, and 10000 pearls. She had to coach to walk in that gown which had a 25-foot long trail. – Princess Diana Interesting Facts
- Princess Diana was presented an engagement ring from a Garrard catalogue instead of a custom-made engagement ring. The ring consisted of 14 solitaire diamonds surrounded by 12-carat oval blue Ceylon sapphire set in 18-carat white gold. The ring costs £94,800 today.
- After the Royal Wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, both of them made endless public appearances. This included 170 official engagements in the first year of their marriage, nineteen country visits in their 7 years of marriage and countless handshaking sessions.
- Princess Diana had a habit of sending Thank You notes.
- Princess Diana sold 79 of her dresses and raised $5.76 million from the same for AIDS and breast cancer charities.
Some even more surprising facts about Princess Diana
- Both of Princess Diana’s grandmothers served as ladies-in-waiting to Queen Elizabeth.
- People Magazine noted that Princess Diana was involved in 44 charities.
- The split between Princess Diana and Prince Charles was announced in December 1992. Prince Charles in an interview admitted his relationship with Camilla Parker Bowles, although he claims it began only after his marriage was completely broken.
- Princess Diana gave her consent for divorce on February 29, 1996.
- The terms of the divorce included that Princess Diana would be called Diana after the divorce. She also lost her prefix – ‘Her Royal Highness’ and the right to the British throne. – Princess Diana Interesting Facts
- On 31st August 1997, Diana was fatally injured in a car crash along with Dodi Fayed and Henri Paul.
- Xavier Gourmelon, a firefighter revealed nearly 20 years later that the last words Princess Diana spoke were, “My God, what’s happened?”. Not just this but he also revealed that Henri Paul, the driver kept asking for the princess saying, “Where is She? Where is She?”
- Sir Elton John rewrote his song, “Candle in the wind”. He performed the song live for the first time at Princess Diana’s funeral. This song was originally written for “Marilyn Monroe”.
- The grave of Princess Diana is situated on an island in an ornamental lake on her family’s estate, Althorp Park.
- From the time of Princess Diana’s engagement to her death, she was the most photographed woman. The right to her images was granted to the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund.
Besides these facts about Princess Diana, she had a heart of gold and rightly said, “Only do what your heart tells you.”, and “Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.”