Pulwama terror attack updates
We will not forget, We will not forgive-We salute our martyrs of Pulwama attack and stand with the families of our martyr brothers. This heinous attack will be avenged: CRPF
We, at Tentaran.com, propose ‘Black Ribbon Day’. Let the 14th / 15th February always be remembered for the martyrdom of the brave hearts of CRPF in Awantipora, Pulwama, Kashmir as Black Ribbon Day. Show your support.
- Curfew continues in J&K.
- We strongly condemn the dastardly terror act of 14th February 2019 at Pulwama in J&K in which lives of 40 brave jawans of CRPF were lost. Today we stand united in solidarity with our security forces in fighting terrorism and in defending the unity and integrity of India.: Resolution passed at the all-party meeting
- US supports action against Jaish-e-Mohammed and asked Pakistan to freeze funds of designated terror groups.
- China expressed deep sympathy to the families of victims and injured in Pulwama terror attack but did not give an assurance to India that it will back New Delhi’s appeal to list Masood Azhar – Pakistan-based terror group’s chief as a global terrorist.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar announced Rs.11 lakh each for the families of two Bihar troopers killed in the Pulwama attack.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot has announced Rs. 50 lakh compensation for the families of the Rajasthan CRPF soldiers killed in Pulwama
- Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K. Palaniswami has announced government jobs to one family member each of the two CRPF soldiers from Tamil Nadu killed in Pulwama ANI
- Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das announced to give Rs 10 lakh and a job to the kin of Vijay Soreng, the jawaan from Jharkhand who got martyred in Pulwama: ANI
- Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh announced a government job to the next of the kin and Rs.12 Lakh each to families of four Pulwama martyred CRPF soldiers from Punjab. ANI
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik announced Rs.10 Lakh each for the families of the CRPF jawans from Odisha who lost their lives in #PulwamaAttack. : ANI
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis announced compensation of Rs.50 Lakh for the families of the jawans, from Maharashtra, who lost their lives in yesterday’s #PulwamaTerrorAttack. : ANI
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat announced a government job to the next of the kin and Rs.25 Lakh each to families of the CRPF soldiers from the state, who lost their lives in #PulwamaAttack yesterday.: ANI
- The mortal remains of CRPF jawans were taken to their native places.
- Players of Vidarbha and Rest of India teams wore black armbands to as a mark of respect.
- All party meeting to be held tomorrow at 11 am in Parliament library : ANI Report
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh met injured CRPF personnel at Army base camp in Srinagar: ANI
- There are some elements here who take money from Pakistan and ISI. I have told the officers that the security provided to such people should be reviewed. Rajnath Singh told ANI
- There are some elements who are hand in glove with terror organisations, terror forces & ISI across the border. They are involved in terror conspiracies too. Said Rajnath Singh to ANI. He also said that We will win a decisive war against terrorism.
- Ajay Bisaria, Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan has been called to Delhi for consultations.
- Mortal remains of the CRPF men will be flown to their homes today.
- Our neighbouring country, which is experiencing a major economic crisis, thinks that it can ruin India, by making such a catastrophe. Their plans will never be fulfilled: PM Narendra Modi
- I am also understanding the feelings of those who are criticizing us. They have their full right. But I want to request my colleagues that this is a very sensitive and emotional time, so stay away from political splinter groups. The country is fighting unitedly, this tone should go to the world: PM Narendra Modi
- We will crush terrorism. Forces have been given full freedom: PM Narendra Modi
- I understand that the nation is angry. We trust Indian Army’s valour and courage. I want to tell you that forces responsible for the attack will be punished: PM Narendra Modi
- People who are responsible and have supported this act of terrorism will have to pay a heavy price for it: Arun Jaitley
- Home minister Rajnath Singh will visit J&K to take stock of the situation: Arun Jaitley
- Most favoured nation status to Pakistan stands withdrawn: Arun Jaitley
- We are not going to get into any conversation other than the most beloved people were killed. There will be no discussion. Over the next couple of days, we are going to stand by the security forces and the government: Rahul Gandhi
- A high-level meeting chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir has just concluded.
- NSG, NIA teams have left for J&K to join probe into Pulwama terror attack
- Experts of National Security Guard and National Investigation Agency have left for Jammu and Kashmir to join the probe into the terror attack in Pulwama in which at least 37 CRPF personnel were killed, officials said.
USA has asked Pakistan to immediately end ‘support’ and ‘safe haven’ to all terror groups operating on its soil.
Pulwama terror attack
In a ghastly and agonising attack on the CRPF on Thursday in Pulwama, Awantipora, a bus of a 70 vehicle convoy transporting members of the Indian army was attacked, resulting in 39 CRPF personnel being killed while 20 have sustained severe injuries for which they are currently ongoing treatment in an army base hospital nearby. The bus sees no survivors with officials yet to confirm on the total number of casualties from an attack that has reeled the international world.
The attack occurred when the convoy was moving on the highway after it was finally opened after days of heavy snowfall. While 1,000 personnel usually make the move to their base in one go, the larger number of the convoy which saw around 2,500 jawans being carried was attributed due to the inclement and harsh weather conditions prevalent in the area.
The attack occurred at 3:15pm when a car carrying between 300 and 350kg (660-770lb) of explosives struck the bus, resulting in the explosion. The incident has since been attributed to a terrorist outfit in Pakistan, a move that once again emphasises the beleaguered and languishing country’s affiliation with nefarious activities and the constant war they have been bidding on India to control the area.
The Indian Government took no time in taking stock of the situation with Prime Minster Modi immediately getting in contact with the NSA to get full details and information on the deadly incident. A meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security also took place. Investigations into the incident set to begin and a further course of action to be zeroed in on.
Meanwhile in the backdrop of the tainted incident, the government has once again reiterated its strong stand on unruly organisations, forces and individuals who are constantly trying to wage a war with the country and trying to disrupt its peace. In strong statements from leaders across the government, the message was the same. The perpetrators of the attack won’t be spared and heavy ramifications will follow ensuing this derogatory act against the security forces of India.
Pulwama terror attack updates – What Political leaders said
Attack on CRPF personnel in Pulwama is despicable. I strongly condemn this dastardly attack. The sacrifices of our brave security personnel shall not go in vain. The entire nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the families of the brave martyrs. May the injured recover quickly: Narendra Modi (@narendramodi)
Strongly condemn the terrorist attack in Pulwama, J&K. Thoughts and prayers with the families of martyrs and wishing an early recovery to those injured. The entire nation stands united in the fight against the forces of terror and evil: President Kovind
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) said Thursday’s terror attack was one that will be avenged by the country.
“The attack is a sign of desperation and frustration due to the clampdown on terrorism,” RSS said in a statement.
We demand Pakistan should stop supporting terrorists and terror groups operating from its territory and dismantle terror infrastructure, said the Foreign Ministry.
Experts of the anti-terror commando force National Security Guard (NSG) and investigators of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) are being sent to Pulwama to join the probe into the terror attack in Pulwama in which at least 39 CRPF personnel were killed, officials said giving insights to the next course of action.
Explosive specialists of the Black Cat commando force NSG will also join in the investigation into the attack, another official said.
The incident has met with severe reactions from not just India but from the global stage as well with international leaders taking to condemn to the incident, asserting their commitment to India to fight such organizations. USA, Russia, and Maldives have all come out strongly against the attack.
We, at Tentaran.com propose ‘Black Ribbon Day’. Let the 14th / 15th February always be remembered for the martyrdom of the brave hearts of CRPF in Awantipora, Pulwama, Kashmir.