Rajasthan: Best five places to visit in Mount Abu
Located in the Sirohi district of Rajasthan, Mount Abu is the only hill station in the desert state of India. The place holds a religious significance because it is mentioned as the place where the Sage Vashistha retired. Let us explore the only hill station with the blend of Rajasthani traditions!
Here’s a list of five interesting places to visit in Mount Abu:
1. Dilwara Jain Temple
- The phenomenal design and radiant marble stone carvings have placed the Dilwara Jain Temple on the global map for being one of the finest Jain temples in the world.
- The temple complex has five unique temples which are of great significance to the Jains. They are of Vimal Vasahi, Luna Vasahi, Pithalhar, Parshvanath and Mahavir Swami.
- The carved marble sculptures are sure to leave you awestruck with their magnificence.
2. Guru Shikhar
- Apart from being the highest point of Mount Abu, Guru Shikhar is also the highest point of Aravalli Mountain Range.
- This point offers a beautiful panoramic view of the town.
- Once here, you can also visit a temple of Guru Dattatreya, who was an incarnation of the Hindu Deities ‘Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva’ in one.
- Built by the Paramara Dynasty rulers, Achalgarh is an ancient fort which offers best viewpoints for photography.
- The main entrances of the fort are characterized by two towers carved out of grey granite, which still stands as a memorial of this once pompous and majestic fort.
4. Nakki Lake
- If you’re a nature lover, you’re surely going to love the refreshing vibe that Nakki Lake has to offer.
- It’s an ideal spot if you’re on a romantic getaway. Explore the surroundings by renting out a boat and enjoying amidst refreshing boat ride.
5. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary
- Around 7 km long and just 300m wide, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is a destination worth-a-visit.
- Being a subtropical forest, it has the abundance of flora and fauna. Housing 112 plant families with 449 genera and 820 species, it is loaded with flower magnificence.
- The rare species found here are sambhar, common langur, wild boar, bear, pangolin, common mongoose, jungle cat, wolf, hyena, jackal, Indian fox, Indian hare, porcupine, and hedgehog.
Recommended reading : Rajasthan: Best five places to visit in Pushkar
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+