Republic day 2020 parade – The Republic Day (26 January) honors the day when the Constitution of India came into force as the governing document of the country. It marks India’s identity as a republic nation. The year 2020 will mark India’s 71st Republic Day.
Know everything about the Republic Day 2020 parade, Republic day 2020 theme, Republic day 2020 chief guest, and tips you must know before attending Republic day parade.
Republic Day 2020 theme?
Jal Jeevan Mission, Startup India, and financial inclusion are themes of the tableaux of Ministries, and Departments.
Republic Day 2020 chief guest:
This year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had invited Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro to the 2020 Republic Day. PM Modi invited Bolsonaro for 2020 Republic day during his meeting with Bolsonaro on the sidelines of 11th BRICS Summit held in Brasilia.
States participating in 2020 Republic Day parade – Republic day 2020 parade
- 16 States and Union Territories and 6 Central Ministries are participating in the 2020 Republic Day Parade at Rajpath in New Delhi.
- Odisha will display the famous Rukuna Rath Yatra of Lord Lingaraja, who is worshiped as Lord Shiva.
- Meghalaya’s tableau will showcase the double-decker living root bridge which is the main tourist attraction of the state.
- Chhattisgarh will showcase its artistic beauty. Jammu and Kashmir will exhibit the Union Territories’ back to village program which was launched with the aim to empower villages.
Must read: Facts you should know about Republic Day
All about the Republic Day Parade and celebrations – Republic day 2020 parade
- Earlier 26 January 1930 was celebrated as India’s Independence Day. It is the day when India decided to fight for complete freedom.
- When complete Independence was achieved on 15 August 1947, the leaders of our country did not want people to forget the importance of 26th January. Therefore, they decided to celebrate this day as Republic Day.
- Abide with Me, a Christian song, is played at the Republic Day Parade as it is considered one of the favorite songs of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Parade is led by the three divisions of the armed forces (Army, Navy, and Air Force) who exhibit their strength through different stunts and performances.
- The Republic Day celebrations and events are initiated by the incumbent Prime Minister by remembering and paying tribute to the martyrs for their sacrifice for the motherland and thanksgiving to the present Indian Armed Forces at the India Gate. This is the only role of PM on this day.
- On Republic Day every year, a 21-gun salute is given to the National Flag and the President, during the Flag Hoisting Ceremony.
- The rest of the ceremonies like the Prestigious Salute is performed by the Incumbent President.
- India’s major national awards such as Bharat Ratna, Paramvir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, and Padma Bhushan are awarded by the President of India on this day.
Republic day 2020 parade
Here are some tips you must know before attending Republic day parade- Republic day 2020 parade
- To observe the Republic day parade you need to get the tickets. There are a couple of ways to get tickets for the parade.
- You may buy tickets for the Republic Day Parade in Pragati Maidan, Jantar Mantar, Shastri Bhawan, Jamnagar House, and Parliament House Reception Office at a special counter for Members of Parliament.
- The Republic Day Parade tickets are available from January 10 to January 25. Front row passes are available only to VIPs.
- Remember that all ticket counters will be closed in the morning on January 23, due to the full dress rehearsal of the Republic Day Parade.
- Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card or government identity card must be presented in order to purchase tickets.
- The main Republic Day Parade starts at 9.30 AM and it lasts for around three hours.
- Mobile phones, cameras, and all other electronic devices are not allowed. So, it’s better to leave them behind.
- Delhi Metro services are partially disrupted due to security arrangements on Republic Day and January 29 for the Beating Retreat ceremony.
- You should witness this at least once in a lifetime. The morning weather in Delhi will be cold, so don’t forget to carry a jacket with you.