Republic day parade 2022– The Republic Day (26 January) honors the day when the Constitution of India came into force as the governing document of the country. It marks India’s identity as a republic nation. The year 2022 will mark India’s 73rd Republic Day. Know all information about republic day 2022 parade tickets, republic day 2022 chief guest, republic day parade 2022 entry passes, 26 january parade items not to take, 26 january parade entry restrictions and more.
Know everything about the Republic day parade 2022, Republic day 2022 theme, Republic day 2022 chief guest, and tips you must know before attending the Republic day parade.
Republic Day 2022 chief guest:
There will be no Chief Guest at the Republic Day Parade 2022. This is for the first time in a long period of 55 years that the parade will no have a foreign dignity as the Chief Guest. Boris Johnson, British Prime Minister had earlier accepted the invitation to be the chief guest at the republic day parade 2022, however, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, he cancelled his visit.
Bangladeshi forces will participate in the parade
A contingent of 122 proud personnel of the Bangladesh Armed Forces will also be participating in the Republic Day parade 2021. These forces fought with their Indian counterparts 50 years ago. After France and the UAE, Bangladesh is the third country whose military contingent has been invited to participate in the Republic Day parade.
States participating in 2021 Republic Day parade – Republic day parade 2022
- 32 tableaus will be participating in the Republic day parade 2022.
- Uttar Pradesh tableau will feature a replica of the Ram Temple whose construction has just started in Ayodhya.
- Names of other participating states and UTs are not available as of now.
What’s new in the Republic day 2022 parade
- Recently inducted Rafale fighter jets will participate in the Republic Day parade for the first time.
- Republic day parade 2022 will see participation by a women fighter pilot for the first time. Flight lieutenant Bhawana Kanth, one of India’s first women fighter pilots, will be a part of the IAF’s tableau. The tableau will showcase mock-ups of light combat aircraft, Sukhoi-30 fighters, and light combat helicopters.
- Bangladesh Armed Forces will also be participating in the Republic Day parade 2022.
- A replica of the Ram Temple whose construction has just started in Ayodhya will be showcased in UP Tableau.
Must read: Facts you should know about Republic Day
All about the Republic Day Parade and celebrations – Republic day parade 2022
- Earlier 26 January 1930 was celebrated as India’s Independence Day. It is the day when India decided to fight for complete freedom.
- When complete Independence was achieved on 15 August 1947, the leaders of our country did not want people to forget the importance of 26th January. Therefore, they decided to celebrate this day as Republic Day.
- Abide with Me, a Christian song, is played at the Republic Day Parade as it is considered one of the favorite songs of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Parade is led by the three divisions of the armed forces (Army, Navy, and Air Force) who exhibit their strength through different stunts and performances.
- The Republic Day celebrations and events are initiated by the incumbent Prime Minister by remembering and paying tribute to the martyrs for their sacrifice for the motherland and thanksgiving to the present Indian Armed Forces at the India Gate. This is the only role of PM on this day.
- On Republic Day every year, a 21-gun salute is given to the National Flag and the President, during the Flag Hoisting Ceremony.
- The rest of the ceremonies like the Prestigious Salute is performed by the Incumbent President.
- India’s major national awards such as Bharat Ratna, Paramvir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, and Padma Bhushan are awarded by the President of India on this day.
Republic day parade 2022
Here are some tips you must know before attending Republic day parade- Republic day 2022 parade
- This year only 25000 spectators would be allowed to attend the Republic Day live.
- Only 4000 tickets will be sold to the general public.
- Children below the age of 15 will not be allowed.
- Only 200 instead of 300 media persons have been allowed this year.
- Veterans’ parade by ex-servicemen and women have been canceled.
- You will not be able to watch the much-awaited motorcycle stunts by the army and the Central Armed Police Force personnel.
- In the marching contingents, the number of members has been reduced to 96 from 144 in the previous years.
- The distance to be covered by the parade has been reduced to around 3 kms as against around 8 kms in previous years.
- The parade will go only till the National Stadium at the C-Hexagon of India Gate this year. The tableaux will, however, go to the Red Fort.