Gone are the days when wives of rich and successful businessmen would either sit at home to enjoy a luxurious life or spend their money on shopping or show-offs. The Indian women today are making an identity of their own, carving out a niche for themselves while also giving it back to society. Though there are many women who have been contributing to the society in their own way, we bring you names of some of the rich Indian women with a heart of gold.
- Sudha Murthy is the chairperson of the Infosys Foundation with a net worth of Rs.2,480 crores.
- She is married to Narayana Murthy, founder and Chairperson of Infosys.
- She is also a member of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for their public health care initiatives.
- She supported the Karnataka government movement to provide computers and library facilities in all the government schools.
- Sudhiji has also founded many orphanages and has also been donating for many Indian as well as Global initiatives.
- She is known for her social work and her contribution to the Kannada and English literature.
- Sudha Murthy has a long list of awards given to her for her contribution to society as also her literary work.
- Nita Ambani is the non-executive Director of Reliance Industries and is also the founder and Chairperson of Reliance Foundation, the philanthropic initiative of Reliance Industries. The foundation which has been actively working on rural transformation, health care, providing education as also working towards promoting Arts, Culture and Heritage.
- She is married to Mukesh Ambani, the richest Indian who is Managing Director of the Reliance Industries.
- Her net worth along with Mukesh’s is around US$54 billion.
- Nita Ambani owns Mumbai Indians, an IPL league team.
- She is known as the first Indian woman to become a member of the International Olympic Committee.
- Nita is Chairperson-cum-founder of Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai.
- She was also listed as the most influential women business leaders in Asia’ by Forbes.
- Kiran Shiv Nadar is a philanthropist, an Indian art collector and the founder of Kiran Nadar Museum of Art.
- She is married to the founder of HCL technologies, Shiv Nadar.
- Kiran is one of India’s top contract bridge players. Her bridge team, Formidables, won the finals of fifth Commonwealth Nations Bridge Championships in 2018 and brought Gold Medal to India after 12 years.
- She began her career in an advertising agency as a communications and brands professional at MGM.
- Now, she is managing the Public Health Foundation of India, SSN trust, Rajiv Gandhi Foundation and Rasaja Foundation.
- Yasmeen Premji is an author, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
- She is married to Indian billionaire and Chairman of Wipro, Azim Premji.
- She was awarded a scholarship at all women’s university, Smith College in Massachusetts, United States. graduation from St Xavier’s College, Mumbai and got the highest marks in psychology for Bombay University.
- Yasmeen has authored the book, “Days of Gold and Sepia”.
- Architecture is her another passion besides literature.
- Yasmeen Premji and her husband have donated their shares of Wipro worth INR 52,750 crores for charitable causes.
These Indian ladies are rich Indian women with a heart of gold. It is true because being rich can make people arrogant and bossy, but these ladies have managed to bring positive changes in society and working constantly for the well-being of people.