Sachin Tendulkar centuries – Sachin Tendulkar has had a glorious career for nearly 24 years in Indian Cricket and made fans across the world. Sachin had even captained Team India at a difficult time in his career. He was the lone star batsman of India’s batting at his time before the arrival of other star Indian batsmen which include Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, Sourav Ganguly, Sehwag, VVS Laxman, MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, and Virat Kohli. Read his biography, facts about his life, career and his records.
Sachin Tendulkar centuries – Sachin’s Record in Tournament Finals
In Sachin’s 24-year cricketing career, he scored 49 centuries in ODI Cricket, and out of those, he scored 6 centuries in the final of a tournament and it is not surprising that India won all those 6 matches. In the 6 finals where he scored a century, he scored a total of 741 runs in 6 innings at an average of 104.36 which includes 65 fours and 12 sixes.
Sachin Tendulkar centuries – Here is the list of all centuries which Sachin has scored in the final match of a tournament or series.
- Sachin scored 134 runs from 131 balls against Australia in Sharjah on 24-04-98 in the Coca-Cola Cup tournament.
- Sachin’s 2 century in the final game came when he scored unbeaten 100 runs off just 103 balls against Kenya in Kolkata on 31-05-98 at the Coca-Cola Tri-series tournament.
- Tendulkar’s 3rd ton in the final came when the Master Blaster played an inning of 128 runs from just 131 deliveries against Sri Lanka at Colombo on 07-07-98 in the tournament of Nidahas Trophy.
- Sachin’s 124 runs knock off just 92 balls came against Zimbabwe at Sharjah on 13-11-98. This was his fourth ton overall in the finals of the Champions Trophy tournament.
- India won their first-ever ODI series on Australian soil. That series win wouldn’t have been possible if Tendulkar’s unbeaten 117 runs knock was not played. Sachin took 120 balls to score his maiden and only ODI century in Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 2008.
- The sixth and the last ton from Tendulkar in the final game was against Sri Lanka in 2009. He scored 138 runs from just 133 deliveries. This final match of the Compaq Cup was played at Colombo on 14-09-09.
Sachin Tendulkar centuries – Sachin Tendulkar stats
ODI Centuries – 49
Test Centuries – 51
Total Centuries – 100
Out of these 6 memorable innings played by Sachin, 4 were played in the year 1998 itself. While the other innings came during the last phase of his career during the Commonwealth Bank Series against Australia in 2008, and another in the final game against Sri Lanka in 2009 in the Compaq Cup.
Sachin has played a total of 40 finals of various tournaments, during which he scored 1851 runs at an average of 54.44 and a strike of 87.68. Out of these, he scored 6 centuries and 10 fifties. But India has not won all the tournament finals when Sachin scored a ton. Sachin scored 1255 runs in 17 innings of final matches which India won. He had an average of 96.53 and a strike rate of 98.04, during which he also scored 6 centuries and 5 fifties.