Sanju Viswanath Samson (born on 11th November 1994) is an Indian cricketer who hails from Trivandrum, Kerala, India. He is a right-handed wicketkeeper-batsman. He began his career in cricket from a young age playing for Kerala U-13 team and was also appointed the captain of the team. Let’s have a look at Sanju Samson facts and achievements:
- After U-13, Samson went on to being the captain of Kerala U-16 and U19 teams.
- He then played for Kerala in Ranji trophy at a tender age of 15 years and also captained the team in 2015. With this feather in his cap, he became the youngest player ever to captain a side in Ranji Trophy till the time.
- His sturdy and promising performance in the Ranji made him earn the opportunity to play for team India.
- He debuted in 2015 in T20 series against Zimbabwe, which didn’t work well for him. He could manage to score only a meagre 19 runs off 24 deliveries.
Must Read: Yuzvendra Chahal career and achievements
- Even though he has not played for India in the international Cricket, he has been performing pretty well at the Indian Premier League and Champion League Twenty20.
- He played for Rajasthan Royals in 2013 and scored a whopping half-century. After this spectacular performance, he was retained in the team for the next year as well.
- He was then bought by Delhi Daredevils for 4.2 crores in the IPL 2016 auction after Rajasthan Royals was banned from the IPL.
- Samson didn’t fail to disappoint Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals) as well and went onto score third highest runs in the match.
Sanju Samson facts and achievements:
He also has many records and awards to his name.
- Samson became the youngest batsman to hit an impressive 1000 runs in 2017 in IPL. He was also appreciated and recognized for scoring a half-century being the youngest player in Indian Cricket.
- He has also won the ‘Best Young Player Award’ in IPL in 2013. The winner was chosen through a poll conducted on the official website of IPL.
- He showed his brilliant batting skills when he hit 92 runs in 45 deliveries with 2 four’s and 10 six’s playing for Rajasthan Royals (RR) against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB ) in 2018.
- He was declared the ‘Man of the Match’ for the pivotal role he played making his team win the same match.
Must Read: Interesting facts about Rohit Sharma
Champion League Twenty20
- He made his debut in Champion League Twenty20 against the MI in 2013.
- He came into the limelight when he took the catches of Mumbai Indian’s Big 3 players: Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, and Kieron Pollard.
- He scored 54 in 47 deliveries with 8 4s and became the youngest player ever to score a half-century in Champion League Twenty20.
Must Read: List of all IPL winners – Tentaran