New at work and have no idea about office etiquettes for new joiners? We are happy to help.
It can difficult for a new joiner to know and fit in the culture of the workforce. When you have come fresh out of office with no prior work experience then the work environment might appear alien to you. So that it doesn’t let set in your impression as an amateur fresher with a casual outlook, we are here to help you introduce you to some office etiquettes for new joiners.
Here are some of the ways to help you adapt the work culture in just no time so that you are recognized as a sensible and decent fresher.
- Be on time: It is like a muscle that you develop gradually by working on it. From the very first day when you appear for the interview, the day you join in and also for the first few days. Once you develop this habit it will become like a routine thing. By reaching office in time not only shows that you respect your work and company but also that you are a responsible individual.
- Don’t carry your hangover to office: Partying and being intoxicated is a common happening in college life, but the workplace is different. So when you start to work make sure to not carry your intoxicated self to the office. Some of the offices also do a drug test before they take in any employee. So be careful if you have been on any illegal steroid or other drugs.
- Choose your office wear wisely: Initially carrying formals might seem a like a task, but once you get comfortable with it, you might fall in love with it. There is no doubt that you look smart and more professional when you are dressed in proper formals. More than just looks, wearing appropriate clothes also make you feel more confident and it gets reflected in your conduct.
- Don’t play the blame game: Though it is a common sight at the workplaces, it is extremely unprofessional to blame others for your mistakes. Errors are committed by everyone but only those who have the courage to own it are ones that can fix it, learn from it and prevent from repeating it in the future.
- Respect everyone regardless of their designation: Your core values reflect in the way you behave with the people who work under you. When you are at the workplace, you must respect everyone whether it’s the office boy or a housekeeping staff with respect. When you respect others you earn respect for yourself.
These are some of the tips that can help you make a significant place for yourself in your new job. For more details on office etiquettes for new joiners and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.