Some interesting activities to do in Coimbatore
Coimbatore is a beautiful city in itself located in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. There are various activities to do in Coimbatore. Want to spend some good time away from the hustle and bustle of city life? Then plan a visit to Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. We are sure Coimbatore will never disappoint you.
Here are some of the interesting activities to do in Coimbatore:
- Kovai Kondattam is an amusement park located 2 kilometres away from Perur, Tamil Nadu.
- This place is a fun-filled destination ideal for spending hours with friends and family.
- This destination is a popular picnic spot and is often the venue for conferences, parties, receptions, and corporate bookings.
- You can experience different mind-boggling rides at Kovai Kondattam.
Gedee Car Museum:
- Gedee Car Museum is one of the few places in India where you can find a variety of cars made in Britain, Japan, France, Germany, and America all under one roof.
- The collection of cars is exceptionally well-maintained, and all the relevant information about the vehicles is displayed for visitors to know.
- It is a favourite place for automobile freaks.
- Along with the cars built internationally, there are a few Indian cars as well including the prototype of a low car which is designed by G.D Naidu.
Must Read: National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in Tamil Nadu
TNAU Botanical Garden:
- TNAU garden has a large variety of roses, marigold, carnations, and lilies and has some rare breeds of trees and flowers.
- The garden is located on the Marudhamalai Road and is spread over an area of 300 hectares
- They conduct plant/ flower shows once in a year mostly in the month of January where lakhs of people visit to see the various plants and flowers.
- The garden is more like a forest and one can also visit their research labs.
Must Read: Five best places to visit in Valparai
VOC Park and Zoo:
- VOC Park and Zoo, also known as the V.O. Chidambaranar Park is an Amusement Park and Zoological Garden mostly visited by locals of Coimbatore for recreational purposes.
- The park and zoo is a perfect picnic spot for families and kids to spend some wonderful family time and also introduce them to different wild animals.
- The park has a play area for the kids, an aquarium and a Jurassic Park where not just children but even adults can enjoy.
- The zoo is a house of over 500 animals belonging to about 30 species including birds, mammals, and reptiles.
Must Read: Places to shop in Tamil Nadu
Kari Motor Speedway:
- Kari Motor Speedway is a 2.1 kilometres long racing track for Formula 3 auto race located in Chettipalayam, Coimbatore.
- The track was inaugurated in 2003 and is named after S. Karivardhan (Indian formula racing driver).
- The track conducts the National Championship races for go-karts, motorcycle road racing, and formula racing events.
- The track is approved by the CIK and FIA to hold races up to the Formula 3 category.
- The categories of cars that race in this track includes Formula Maruti, Formula LGB, and Formula Rolon Chevrolet.
Must Read: Five best temples to visit in Coimbatore
For more articles like ‘Activities to do in Coimbatore’, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.