Looking for sports weekly round up from 30th December 2018 to 5th January 2019 ?
For all the sports fans out there, here are all the match highlights and other details of all the sports matches that took place in this week in our sports weekly round up from 30th December 2018 to 5th January 2019.
Australia Vs India Test 4 Day 1
Australia Vs India Test 4 Day 1 match Highlights:
- India ended Day 1 on 303-4 after winning the toss and opting to bat first
- Pujara scored his 18th century and 3rd of the series to remain unbeaten on 132 at the end of day’s play
- With 1135 balls faced, Pujara is only behind Dravid in the most number of balls faced by an Indian in tests in one series. He also became the first Indian to face 200 balls in 4 innings of a series
PBL Points Tally after Pune Leg
Here is everything you need to know about the PBL Points Tally after Pune Leg.
For the Hyderabad Hunters and Mumbai Rockets, the 2018-19 edition of the Premier Badminton League brought a hoard of good news in the inaugural Pune leg of the standout club badminton tournament in the world.
MCG Pitch Gets an Average Rating From ICC
Do you know that MCG pitch gets an average rating from ICC?
After giving the brand new pitch at the Optus Stadium an average rating, the International Cricket Council meted out the same treatment to the track at the Melbourne Cricket Ground as well.
Chess World Blitz Championship Winners
The Chess World Blitz Championship organised by the World Chess Federation (FIDE) saw Magnus Carlsen and Kateryna Lagno win the men’s and women’s titles at the showpiece tournament.
Gujarat Fortunegiants Vs UP Yoddha Qualifier 2
Gujarat Fortunegiants Vs UP Yoddha Qualifier 2 Highlights:
- U.P. Yoddha trounced Dabang Delhi K.C. 45-33 in Eliminator 3
- Gujarat Fortunegiants were defeated 41-29 by Bengaluru Bulls
- Qualifier 2 between Gujarat Fortunegiants and U.P. Yoddha will begin at 8:00 pm on 3rd January, Thursday
Tata Open Maharashtra
The one and only ATP 250 Tournament held in South Asia has seen some terrific and entertaining tennis action on the first three days of the event in Maharashtra. Day Three of the Tata Open Maharashtra saw World No. 95
Australia Vs India: Records Made by India in MCG Test
Here is everything you need to know about the Australia Vs India test match and the records made by India in MCG test.
An immaculate performance by India in the third test of the four-match Domain test series saw them eclipse Australia by 137 runs to take a massive stride towards winning their first ever test series in Australia.
ICC Test Cricket Rankings
The last installment of the ICC test cricket rankings for 2018 saw Indian captain Virat Kohli consolidate his top spot in the charts for batsmen with 931 rating points to wrap up a memorable year for himself.
Australia Vs India Fourth Test Preview
Australia Vs India Fourth Test Preview highlights:
- Australia and India take on each other for the fourth match of the series on 3rd January
- The match will start at 5:00 am IST and be aired live on Sony Ten 3, SIX/HD
- Both sides have brought in an additional spinner into their 13 man squad with Kuldeep Yadav making way for the Indians and Marnus Labuschagne being called up by Australia
- India lead the series 2-1 and have already retained the series trophy ahead of the final test
Pro Kabaddi League Eliminator 1 And 2
Pro Kabaddi League Eliminator 1 and 2 Highlights:
- U.P. Yoddha stunned favourites U Mumba 34-29
- Dabang Delhi won eliminator 2, 39-28
- U.P. Yoddha and U Mumba will face each other in eliminator 3
Standout Performers for India in the Third Test
Standout Performers for India in the Third Test: A result befitting of bringing a successful 2018 to a culmination for the Indian cricket team saw them rout Australia at the Melbourne cricket ground.
India’s Pace Trio In 2018
India pace trio in 2018 has been at its mesmerising best, earning huge laurels from the entire cricketing fraternity for their dynamic and ruthless bowling. In their artillery, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma and Mohammed Shami hold an incredible and huge plethora of versatile skills and deliveries with the magnificent ability to mix up deliveries as per the situation of the match.
Australia Vs India Third Test: Key Contributions To India Win
Key Contributions To India Win – A 137 win at the Melbourne Cricket Ground helped bring about one of the most memorable and breathtaking wins for India on foreign soil.
Australia Vs India Test 3 Wrap
Australia Vs India Test 3 Wrap Highlights:
- India won the match by 137 runs
- They bowled out Australia for 261 in their 2nd innings after setting a target of 399
- Jasprit Bumrah was declared the man of the match for his 6-33 and 3-53
- With the win, India leads the four-match test series 2-1 and retains the trophy
Australian Supporters Ejected After Racist Chanting At MCG
Do you know Australian supporters were ejected after racist chanting during the recent Australia Vs India test cricket 2018?
Stooping to their lowest, Australian supporters indulged in a pathetic display of singing racist chants at the Indian supporters on Day 1 of the third test between Australia and India.
Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 20 Team
The hectic festive period in the premier league is all set to navigate its way through tricky waters come gameweek 20. In a period that will see the sides play out 3 matches in a span of a week, the chopping and changing in fantasy premier league squads are at an all-time high with managers looking to avoid rotation, strengthen their bench and get their hands first on the highest expected scoring players.
Australia Vs India Test: Pant Gives It Back To Tim Paine
Pant Gives It Back To Tim Paine-The MCG test will go down as one that Australian captain Tim Paine will want to erase quickly from his memory. It’s not just for the humbling and embarrassing mauling his side is set to receive at the hands of India though.