Here is everything you need to know about Stephen Curry facts and career.
With his father and brother both involved with the game, having played in the NBA, Stephen Curry followed the same path. With his undoubted skill set and talent clearly visible from a young age itself as he plied his game at the school and college level, it wasn’t going to be long before he established his name on the global stage. Today one of the most eye-catching players in basketball’s biggest league, the NBA, Curry is the mainstay of his franchise the Golden State Warriors.
A point guard for GSW, Curry’s role for his side is invaluable. He’s guided them to two titles on the bounce, seeing his team emerge as the best club in the showpiece league over the last couple of years with ruthless showing, using all his guile and trickery. A career laden with the club and personal achievements, we can pore over at Curry’s flamboyant and illustrious achievements.
Stephen Curry facts and career
- Born on March 14, 1988, with his father and brother both basketball players, Curry took to the game from a young age itself. He attended Queensway Christian College and then Charlotte Christian School, playing for both school and college’s basketball teams.
- He was Davidson College’s all-time leading scorer in history with 2,635 points winning their SoCon award for 2008 and 2009. He also achieved records in single-season points and steals.
- Beginning his full-fledged career in the game in 2009, Curry became the seventh overall pick by GSW in a contract worth $12.7 million for 4 years. He was widely regarded to be one of the most exciting upcoming names in the fraternity and over the years he’s grown immensely to become one of the leading names when basketball is talked about.
- Winning a total of three titles with GSW, 2017 and 2018 have seen him and his side emerge as without a doubt the leading names in the NBA. Awarded for his sensational performances, Curry was awarded a $202 million contract extension, making him the first player ever in the league to sign a contract worth over 200 million in value.
- He appeared in 80 games during his first season, averaging 17.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, and 1.90 steals in 36.2 minutes that saw him earn a call up to the USA basketball team with whom he won a gold medal at the 2010 World Tournament.
- In the 2017-18 season, Curry in a game against the New Orleans Pelicans scored 5 three-pointers and became the fastest player to achieve 2000 three-pointer. He helped his side reach its third title in the same season by becoming the leading scorer with 34 points in the game that made his team won 129-120.
- Curry’s career has always been hindered by incessant injuries though, keeping him out of the game for long stretches. The 2017-18 season saw him suffer medial collateral to his left knee in March that kept him out of action for 6 weeks.
- He’s continued in the same befitting form in the 2018-19 season, winning the Western Conference Player of the Week award multiple times. Lighting up the ongoing season of the league, Curry became the first player in NBA history to make five or more 3-pointers in seven consecutive games. Curry has won a total of 13 Player of the Week Awards in his 10-year career.
Stephen Curry Achievements and Awards
- NBA Champion (2017, 2018)
- NBA All-Star (2017,2018)
- All-NBA Second Team (2017)
- All-NBA Third Team (2018)
- Consensus first-team All-American (2009)
- Consensus second-team All-American (2008)