Do you want to know as to why is friends tv serial is so popular? There has been a constant rise in the trend of watching English TV series by the Indian audiences, and one of the most popular comedy shows that appeals to the people of all age group is F.R.I.E.N.D.S. The pun intended and characters are so relatable yet fresh that we just cannot help ourselves burst from laughter. Like the Shakespearean fools are very famous in his comedies because even though they are fools yet their dialogues are so sharp and witty, we see a similar wittiness in the humor created by all of these characters. So, why is Friends tv serial so popular?
- All the six characters are well-rounded, that is, they have their own character, opinion and outlook. They are all changing and growing throughout the season, even though some of the characters on the side are flat.
- – Their in-house affairs and love interests also depict what generally happens among friends.
- They deal with the delicate issues that we experience in our 20s and late 20s with subtleness.
- The concepts of love and relationships that can be so confusing and heartbreaking at times have been depicted with a lightheartedness that we learn so much from them.
- We also learn about three different kinds of relationships that one can have; the Joey kind, where he doesn’t stick with anyone for more than few days, the Ross and Rachel type, on and off, and Chandler and Monika type, rock solid from beginning to end, from friendship to marriage.
- In the 90s they talked about the three different aspects of motherhood, surrogacy, adoption and single motherhood, which was so advanced at that time and even today we find it relevant. It depicts the beauty of motherhood in all forms.
- They cracked jokes about everything possible yet they were never obscene.
We all have our unique perspectives and reception of the characters.
- Chandler’s witty sarcasm is something one can’t ignore; some of us also call him the Sarcasm King.
- The erratic Phoebe comes up with such witty remarks at times that we cannot stop but fall for her.
- Joey is a flirt throughout, young at heart figure who values friendship over everything.
- The bossy Monika is a perfectionist, who can never take failure in her stride.
- Rachel, the beautiful spoilt egocentric brat ultimately grows from her experiences to become responsible and successful in life.
- The clumsy Ross keeps embarrassing his friends and himself by getting into awkward situations, his simplicity also brings forth his caring, polite and sensitive nature.
These are the reasons we think as to why is friends tv serial remains an all-time favorite, winning hearts worldwide.
*The images used are copyright protected and copyrights vests with their respective owners. The usage of the content and images on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied.