Sunny Leone Biography facts – Sunny Leone is a Canad-born Indian-American actress born on May 13, 1981 in Sarnia, Ontario to Sikh Punjabi parents. Her real name is Karenjit Kaur Vohra and she has American citizenship. Here are some of the facts about career, family, life, children and more.
Sunny Leone Biography
- As a young girl, she was a tomboy, very athletic and used to play street hockey. When she was 13, her family moved to Lake Forest, California.
- Before working in the adult film industry, she worked in a German bakery.
- Sunny is her real name and Leone was given by Bob Guccione, former owner of Penthouse magazine. She was named Penthouse Pet of the Month for March 2001.
- In the same year, Leone signed a three-year contract with Vivid Entertainment with which she permanently moved into the world of pornography. Her first movie was ‘Sunny’ which was released in December 2005.
- In 2006, she became an American citizen but chose to remain a dual citizen, keeping her Canadian citizenship.
- In April 2012, she announced about her Indian citizenship which she got as Overseas Citizen of India as her parents were living in India.
- Leone once said that she “purposely arrived late” to the first date with Daniel Weber as she was not impressed with him, but he changed her mind by sending 24 roses to her hotel room.
- She has appeared in and on the cover of many well-known Magazines.
- She launched her own studio in August 2009 with Daniel Weber.
- Sunny was chosen as one of BBC’s 100 Women.
- In 2011, she participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss 5, where she refused to disclose her profession and introduced herself as an American model and TV star for the first few days. It was reported that she gained 8,000 new followers in just 2 days.
Also read: Bollywood celebrities with strange obsession
- Sunny entered in Bollywood in 2012 with the film Jism 2 which was commercially successful. Her second Bollywood film was a horror movie, Ragini MMS.
- In 2013, she announced her retirement from the adult industry stating that she has no more plans to go back.
- She also hosted MTV’s show Splitsvilla.
- In 2013, Leone posed for PETA, campaign encouraging dog and cat owners to have their pets spayed and neutered.
- A biopic titled “Karenjit Kaur – The Untold Story of Sunny Leone”, an original web-series by ZEE5, was released on 16 July 2018. The series displays her journey from childhood to becoming India’s most googled celebrity.
Also read: Sunny Leone in the Web-Series Karenjit Kaur
- In April 2016, Leone published an e-book of love stories entitled Sweet Dreams which received positive response.
- Sunny and her husband Daniel adopted a baby girl and named her Nisha. She then surprised social media by giving news of her two sons Noah and Asher born via surrogacy.