T20I super over match list – The Super Overs are the most existing part of Cricket. Whenever a match is tied in the limited-overs then the super over is played to decide the winner of that particular match. Nowadays, the super overs are played in the One Day International format also.
In the ODI world Cup of 2019, the super over was played in the final match of the world cup event. England and New Zealand played the world cup 2019 final and due to some controversial rules of the super over, the hosts – England was announced as the world champions of the 2019 world cup. This was a huge heartbreak for the visitors – New Zealand.
The Kiwis have been unlucky with the three super overs that they have played till now. In the five-match T20 International series between India and hosts New Zealand, there were two back to back Super Overs which India won with ease.
T20I super over match list
When New Zealand was cursing along nicely, India made a magnificent comeback and took those two back to back matches in the super overs and then won those matches quite comfortably in the end. Due to those performances, India completed a white wash in New Zealand in the shortest format series.
In the first tied game, Kane Williamson played a gusty knock to keep his team comeback alive in the series. But his brilliant cameo was ended by Mohd Shami. Kane Williamson was clean bowled and then the experience of Ross Taylor too couldn’t help New Zealand in that game. Ross was out on the last delivery when New Zealand still needed just one run to win and due to that, the series deciding match went in the super over.
T20I super over match list – In that super over, Jasprit Bumrah gave away 17 runs in his one over. In reply, India started off carefully, Rohit and Rahul played the super over for the first time in their careers. They scored only 8 runs from the first four balls. But later, Hit Man did the impossible. Due to his fearless batting approach, the last two balls went over the fence and ensured that India wins their first T20 International series win on New Zealand soil.
The fourth T20 International was a dead rubber, but still New Zealand wanted to win this to avoid the white wash. India didn’t have Rohit Sharma in that match and that’s why the other Indian batsmen struggled in that match. It was handy half century by Manish Pandey which allowed India to post a decent score.
In reply to India’s total, New Zealand again started off decently and then also controlled the middle phase of the innings well. But the Kiwis never got that finishing kick just like the third match of this T20 International series. Shardul Thakur delivered a magical last over to take the match in the super over for the second consecutive time in this five-match series.
T20I super over match list – Jasprit Bumrah was again asked to ball the super over. But due to some dropped catches, India couldn’t restrict New Zealand to a decent total. In the absence of Hit Man and Skipper Kohli, Rahul ensured that India went 4-0 up in the series.
New Zealand is the only side which has played 6 super overs till now. They only won once in 2010 against Australia at Christchurch. But the Kiwis ended up losing all the other matches in the T20 International format.
The Kiwis also lost the super overs when they played against Sri Lanka in World T20 in 2012 before they lost to India in the back to back super overs. New Zealand had also lost against England when the T20 International match was played at home.
Must Read: Most sixes in ipl history by a team
Daniel Vettori from New Zealand has given 25 runs in his one over while Tim Southee gave away 20 runs against India in the recently concluded series. Those are the highest number of runs given by the bowlers in super overs of a T20 Internationals.
T20 Cricket Records – list of tied t20 matches
Here are the lists of the Super Overs in T20 International cricket: T20I super over match list
- West Indies Vs New Zealand – The Kiwis won the match by Bowl Out 3-0.
- India Vs Pakistan – India Won The Match By Bowl Out 3-0.
- Canada Vs Zimbabwe – Zimbabwe won the match by Bowl Out 3-1.
- WEST INDIES 25/1 Vs NEW ZEALAND 15/2 – West Indies Won
- NEW ZEALAND 9/0 Vs AUSTRALIA 6/1 – New Zealand Won
- PAKISTAN 12/0 Vs AUSTRALIA 11/1 – Pakistan Won
- WEST INDIES 19/0 Vs NEW ZEALAND 17/0 – West Indies Won
- ENGLAND 4/0 Vs PAKISTAN 3/1 – England Won
- Scotland Vs Ireland – No Super Over played.
- QATAR 6/0 Vs KUWAIT 5/1 – Qatar Won
- SOUTH AFRICA 15/0 Vs SRI LANKA 5/0 – South Africa Won
- JERSEY 15/0 Vs GUERNSEY 14/1 – Jersey Won
- ZIMBABWE 18/0 Vs NETHERLANDS 9/1 – Zimbabwe Won
- QATAR 13/0 Vs KUWAIT 11/2 – Qatar Won
- ENGLAND 17/0 Vs NEW ZEALAND 8/1 – England Won
- INDIA 20/0 Vs NEW ZEALAND 17/0 – India Won
- New Zealand 13/1 Vs India 16/1 – INDIA Won
Here is the list of the bowlers who has conceded most runs in a super over in T20 International Match – T20I super over match list
- DANIEL VEETORI 25/1 – New Zealand Vs West Indies- West Indies Won
- TIM SOUTHEE 20/0 – New Zealand Vs India – India Won
- TIM SOUTHEE 19/0 – New Zealand Vs West Indies – West Indies Won
- F KLAASSEN 18/0 – Netherlands Vs Zimbabwe – Zimbabwe Won
- TIM SOUTHEE 17/0 – New Zealand Vs England – England Won
- BUMRAH 17/0 – India Vs New Zealand – India Won
Must Read: The Captains in the Indian Premiere League