The first thing you need to know before packing your bags for Agra is the Taj Mahal timing and the days Taj Mahal is closed on. Don’t worry, I am giving below all the information you need to visit Taj Mahal :
Taj Mahal timing
– Taj Mahal is open from sunrise to sunset (6.00am to 6.30pm) during normal operating days.
– Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays.
Cost of Entry tickets for Taj Mahal
– Foreign tourists @ INR 1100 + (Optional) 200 Additional for visiting main mausoleum
– Domestic/Indian/OCI Cardholder @ INR 50 + (Optional) 200 Additional for visiting main mausoleum
– Citizens of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries @ INR 540 + (Optional) 200 Additional for visiting main mausoleum
– No Entry fee for children below the age of 15 years (both Domestic and Foreigner).
Full moon night visits :
If you happen to be in Agra around the full moon night, try to visit Taj Mahal at night for a mesmerizing experience. Special visits are allowing during night time on full moon night and 2 nights before as also 2 nights after the full moon. Timings are from 20:30 hrs. to 00.30 hrs. Visitors are allowed in 8 batches of max. 50 people each. The time duration for each batch is half an hour.
You can buy tickets 1 day before the Taj Mahal night viewing between 10 A.M. to 6 P.M. Ticket price is :
– Adults @INR 750 (Foreigners)
– Adults @ INR 510 (Indians)
– Child (3-15 years) @INR 500 for domestic and foreigners
Taj Mahal night viewing is closed on every Friday & during the month of Ramzan.
Ticket Outlets for buying a Taj Mahal Ticket From Entry Gate Ticket Counter
Taj Mahal Western Gate
Tickets can be purchased from Western Gate near Saheli Burj from Sunrise to Sunset.
Taj Mahal Eastern Gate
Tickets can be purchased from Shilpgram approx. 750 meters from Eastern Gate of Taj Mahal from Sunrise to Sunset.
Taj Mahal Southern Gate
At present no entry is allowed from this gate. You can only exit.
There are separate queues for buying tickets for Taj Mahal for Foreign tourists and Domestic tourists and display signs will direct you accordingly.
Buying Taj Mahal tickets online
There’s only one official website to buy entry tickets for Taj Mahal and other monuments in Agra. You may buy tickets from asi.payumoney.com. On purchase of tickets online, you will get a discount of Rs.5 per Indian ticket & Rs.50 per Foreign tourist ticket.
Feel free to ask if you need any other information. Don’t forget to Like and Share if you find this article useful.
Recommended reading: Places to visit in Agra in one day