The fashion designer enduring from the valley of Kashmir, Rohit Bal is now an established name in the fashion world. Best known for his Lotus and Peacock motifs, Bal hails from Kashmir. His clientele includes names like Uma Thurman, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Pamela Anderson and Anna Kournikova among others.
- Born in Kashmir, Rohit graduated in History from one of finest colleges of Delhi, St Stephens College, Delhi.
- Learning the art of designing at National Institute of Fashion Technology, he worked with his brother for his export company.
- Soon enough, he began designing on his own and launched a collection of traditional menswear in 1990.
- Being a prolific collaborator that this designer is, he has collaborated with top brands like Hidesign, Oriflame, Mitsubishi Outlander and Windproof Zippo Lighter.
- He is also a brand ambassador for Omega Watches and is sponsored by the Swatch Group.
- Bal has been honored with the ‘Designer of the year’ award at the International Fashion Awards twice, in 2001 and 2004.
- Weaving best for both men and women, Bal’s designs are all about sophistication and grandeur. His designs reflect a part of his own personality that is not restrained by any norms.
- Having been christened by the Times magazine as the “Master of Fabric and Fantasy”, Rohit Bal is counted among the best of Indian fashion designers.
- Being really subtle in his choice of colors, the designer always prefer to dress up his men and women in earthy and pastel color tones.
- Having opened a flagship store in Delhi, he has also positioned his other retail stores at places like Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chennai.
- Exceling himself in the fashion world, this designer has also ventured into the designing jewellery for Kirtilals. He also has plans to design and launch men’s fashion accessories like cufflinks.
“When it comes to fashion, Rohit Bal is a “stitch” ahead of time.”
Recommended Reading: Sabyasachi Mukherjee – fashion designer