How well do you know the showman of Indian cinema Raj Kapoor?
Ranbir Raj Kapoor is also called the Showman of Indian Cinema for his flamboyance. He was born on December 14, 1924, at Kapoor Haveli in Peshawar to actor Prithviraj Kapoor. He was a remarkable Indian film actor, producer, and director. He was a prominent member of the Kapoor family that has produced several celebrated Bollywood superstars.
Let’s know about the life of the showman of Indian cinema Raj Kapoor a bit more.
- Raj Kapoor was the eldest of his six siblings. In his childhood, he visited many cities. He did his schooling from Dehradun, Kolkatta, and Mumbai.
- In 1935, he had his acting debut in Bollywood at the age of 10. Raj Kapoor appeared in the film ‘Inklab’.
- His film ‘Neel Kamal’, released in 1947, was the real turning point of Raj Kapoor’s life. In that film, he acted along the famous Indian actress Madhubala.
Must Read: Unknown Facts About Kailash Kher
- In 1948, at the age of 24, he opened the R. film studio. ‘Fire’ was the first film directed by him.
- In his directorial debut, Raj Kapoor has given many hits like ‘Awara’, ‘Mr. 420’, ‘Jagte Raho’, and ‘Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai’.
- There were many flop films also under the direction of Raj Kapoor, the most famous of which is ‘Mera Naam Joker’.
- ‘Mera Naam Joker’ was Raj Kapoor’s dream film, he spent six years working on it. It was a huge flop with a great financial loss.
- He also made films like ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’,’Prem Rog’, and ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’. Through these films, he gave a boost to the role and significance of women in the Indian Cinema.
- Raj Kapoor has been honoured with many awards for his contribution to the film industry. He has won 9 Film fare Awards, Padma Bhushan Award, and Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
- In 1988, at the age of 63, Raj Kapoor died due to asthma. Even today he remains in the heart of his fans through his amazing films and acting.
For more articles like the showman of Indian cinema Raj Kapoor, Like and subscribe to tentaran.com.