Do you know that the celebration of Republic day 2019 is going to be special this year?
As we all know, the Republic Day of India is celebrated every year on January 26 to honour the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect in the year 1950. Grand celebrations are held at New Delhi’s India Gate every year on this day. This year Republic Day celebration will be very special as 2019 also mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and the celebration will start by paying tribute to him.
Here are some special things that will be observed on Republic Day 2019:-
- 17 pictures from different states/Union Territories and 6 from the ministries have been selected to be a part of the Republic Day celebrations with the theme ‘Gandhi’.
- The honourable guest will envoy Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019 (to be held in Varanasi from 21st to 23rd January 2019) and will also be visiting Rajpath to witness the grandeur of the 70th Republic Day celebrations.
- This year, Indian Air Force will be flying an aircraft which will be run by blended bio-fuel.
- National War Memorial which is near India Gate, New Delhi will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Republic Day to pay tribute to soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for the country since India’s independence (1947).
- Rehearsals for the Republic Day parade are held at Rajpath by all the Armed Forces and full dress rehearsal takes place on 23rd January. Around 600 children will perform in the parade at Rajpath this year.
- Republic Day Parade will also witness the inclusion of M777 Howitzer and K9 Vajra, the self-propelled gun which are the latest artilleries inducted in the Indian Army.
- It will be the first time that a woman officer would be leading the Army Services Corps in the Republic Day parade. The Daredevils Motorcycle Team will include a woman officer in their team this year.
- It will be the first time in history that all women contingent of Assam Rifles, which is one of the oldest paramilitary forces of India, will take part in the Republic Day parade this year.
- Parade Tickets for Republic day are available from 07th January to 25th January and from 27th January to 28th January for Beating Retreat ceremony at various locations and sales counters in Delhi.
- On the occasion of Republic Day, Uttar Pradesh government would be releasing 1500 prisoners who are aged or suffering from some serious illness from the jails of Agra, Bareilly, Fatehgarh, Naini and Varanasi.
- The Republic Day of this year will observe the stunt performances by 31 members of ‘Dare Devils’ team of J & K Police on 41 motorcycles which will be held at University of Jammu, Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir.
- West Bengal will showcase their tableau in the parade based on ‘Gandhiji in Santiniketan and Beliaghata’ and Delhi tableau will depict the time Mahatma Gandhi spent in Delhi.
- Punjab will showcase its figures at Rajpath about the history of Jallianwala Bagh. ‘Peace Within’ will be the theme of Arunachal Pradesh tableau showing Gandhi’s ideologies.
- This year in the Rajpath parade, Uttarakhand will be depicting the tableau of ‘Anasakti Ashram’, Kausani in Uttarakhand, where Mahatma Gandhi spent a considerable amount of time in 1929 and which he called as the ‘Switzerland of India’.
No wonder the Republic Day 2019 Celebrations will be extravagant given the planning for the day and the tribute the countrymen will pay to the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi.