Bhartiya Janata Party India – Some of the top BJP Leaders
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is one the leading parties of the country. There are a few BJP leaders who became the party’s star leader with their powerful oratory skills and significant contribution. Today these political leaders are quite famous among the general public.
Must Read: Lok sabha election 2019 – दिल्ली की 7 सीटों पर होगा चुनाव, इन सीटों से लड़े जाएंगे चुनाव
Let’s know in detail about these top BJP leaders:
- Narendra Modi is the current Prime Minister of India who won the general elections in 2014.
- His courage, will, ability and enthusiasm led the BJP to win a huge number of seats that no party has won ever since 1984.
- He was born on 17th September 1950 and completed his education from Gujarat University. He helped his father with the tea stall they had during his childhood and later went onto running his own stall.
- At the age of 8, he joined RSS which was followed by BJP in 1985. By 2001, he worked at many positions in the party and was later became the party secretary.
- He was ranked the 9th most powerful person in the world in the Forbes’ list in 2015.
- Smriti Irani was a renowned face before she entered politics. She is a former model and Indian Television actress.
- Her political career began in the year 2003 after she got the BJP membership. After becoming a member, she contested from Chandni Chowk Lok Sabha constituency of Delhi.
- She has been a Minister for Human Resource Development.
- As of March 2019, she is the Union Textile Minister of India.
Must Read: All about India Election Code of Conduct 2019
Some more top BJP leaders
- Rajnath Singh is currently (as of March 2019) serving as the Home Minister of India. He was born in Bhabora, a small village in Varanasi district, UP.
- Rajnath completed his Post Graduation in Physics from Gorakhpur University. He was then appointed as a professor in the KB degree college in 1971.
- Before serving as the Home Minister, he served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and was a Cabinet Minister in the Vajpayee Government.
- In 1974, Rajnath was appointed as Secretary of the Indian Jana Sangh.
- He became the BJP’s National President for the first time on December 31, 2005.
- Amit Shah is the current president of BJP and is known as ‘Chanakya’ of BJP.
- Shah was born in Mumbai and completed his education from Gujarat University.
- He was interested in social activities so he joined RSS at a very young age in Ahmedabad.
- Shah joined BJP in 1986 and in 1987, he was appointed as a member of the Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
- In 1997, he started his active political career by winning the sub-selection from the Sarakhaj assembly seat of Gujarat.
Must Read: India Lok Sabha Election 2019 date schedule
Some more top BJP leaders
- Yogi Adityanath was born on 5 June 1972 in a Garhwali family in Panchur village of Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand.
- When yogi was 26, he competed as a BJP candidate and won from Gorakhpur in 1998.
- He is also the founder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini.
- In 2017, he took oath as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- Sushma Swaraj is serving as the Minister of External Affairs of India since 26 May 2014. After Indira Gandhi, she became the second woman to hold the office.
- In 2014 Indian general elections, she won from the Vidisha constituency in MP for a second time, retaining her seat by a margin of over 400,000 votes.
- Swaraj is the first female Spokesperson of a national political party in India.
- She was the Labour and Employment Minister in the Haryana Government from 1977-79.
For more articles like ‘top BJP leaders, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.