Facts about Dhak Dhak girl Madhuri Dixit – Dhak Dhak girl, Madhuri Dixit, born on 15 May 1967 is an Indian actress and producer. She was born in a Maharashtrian family in Mumbai to Shankar and Snehlata Dixit. She got interested in dance from the tender age of three, and went on to get trained in Kathak for eight years. Later she became a professional Kathak dancer.
Dixit completed her schooling from Divine Child High School in Andheri. Apart from studies, she was also interested in extra-curricular activities, such as dramatics.
More Facts about Dhak Dhak girl, Madhuri Dixit
- Dixit took admission in B.Sc in Sathaye college in Vile Parle (Mumbai). But, just after six months of joining the college, she discontinued her studies to pursue a career in films.
- Madhuri was one of the most popular and highest-paid Hindi film actresses in the late 1980s and 1990s. And she is the only female actress to be nominated for Filmfare awards 14 times.
- She is also the only female actor of her times to have been choreographed by Kathak exponent Pandit Birju Maharaj.
- Her first film was Abodh (1984), but she became famous with Tezaab (1988). The film did not see much success, and she reportedly had nine back-to-back flops between 1984 and 1988. Despite this, she didn’t lose the confidence and worked hard to follow her dreams.
- Her hard work paid off and she became one of the most-sought after actresses of Bollywood.
- Her passion was such that she was willing to take up every challenge coming her way in her acting career. In one of her hit movies, Devdas, she wore a costume that weighed 30 kg for a song sequence. The dress was designed by the designer Neeta Lulla.
- She also holds the Padma Shri award, India’s fourth-highest civilian award which was bestowned on her in 2008.
- In 1990s, Dixit reportedly started dating Sanjay Dutt while filming Saajan. But after Dutt’s arrest under TADA case in 1993, the relationship ended.
- Later, Dixit married Shriram Madhav Nene, a cardiovascular surgeon from Los Angeles, California in 17 October 1999. The couple have two sons, Arin and Rayaan.
- She worked in many superhit films like, Devdas, Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam,Chandramukhi, Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!
- Juhi Chawla and Madhuri Dixit never got along. Reportedly, Juhi Chawla refused any film that had Madhuri Dixit as her co-star. On the sets of Gulaab Gang, they were told to sit in a room all by themselves and were forced to break the ice.
- Dixit performed for NDTV Toyota Greenathon in 2009 for India’s first-ever nationwide campaign to save environment and creating awareness about environmental issues.
- In 2014, Dixit began working with UNICEF to prevent child labor and child trafficking.
- She participated in a fashion show organized by Lilavati hospital, to support the ‘Save & Empower the Girl Child’ initiative by the organization.
- She was appointed as the brand ambassador for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign, by the Government of India in 2015.
- She was also appointed as the brand ambassador of MAA (Mothers Absolute Affection), a program to create awareness about the benefits of breastfeeding.
- MF Hussain, late painter was her biggest fan. In the year 2000, Hussain made his Bollywood debut as a director with Gaja Gamini with Madhuri and SRK. He made many paintings on her and watched Hum Apke Hain Koun 67 times. Once he booked an entire theatre to see her movie Aaja Nachle in 2007.
- In 2018, she co-judged a Colors TV’s show, Dance Deewane which gives the opportunity to contestants from three different generations.
Madhuri remains one of the most popular Bollywood actresses of all times.