There are some things that you should keep in mind during your interview. Think twice before you say anything and keep your prime focus on your skill set and qualifications needed for that job.
Here is the list of probable things you should never say during your interview:
- Don’t criticize your job or say negative things about your job
It forms a negative impact on the interviewer and is not appreciated at all.
- Don’t criticize your boss or reporting manager
This means that you will criticize your future boss or manager if things don’t go well.
- Showing desperation for the applied job
It is advisable that you don’t show too much desperation for the job you are applying for.
- Can I work from home if the need arises
Don’t bring up alternative working options until you don’t get a job offer.
- Don’t indulge in Rubbish or Nonsense Talks
To be honest, don’t spoil your interview by saying things which might not please the person taking your interview. When you are in doubt, discuss your queries rather than saying rubbish stuff.
- Don’t ask questions that don’t add any rich value
Make a list of questions you need to ask during the course of an interview.
- What all is included in salary benefits
It is not the right time to ask about the salary benefits or additional benefits as you need to wait for the job offer.
- Can I have a quick chat on my cell phone
Using your cell phone during a job interview is a big no-no, as it clearly shows that you are not serious about the job you have applied for.
- You will regret it if you don’t hire me as I am the right candidate
You should never be overconfident or say such statements during an interview. This is because you are not aware of the present situation or may not know about other potential candidates’ caliber.
Recommended Reading: What Employers Look for While Hiring
One wrong move and it won’t matter how well equipped you are in terms of capabilities and qualifications. So always think wisely and say when you are middle of an interview.
Recommended Reading: 10 Things You Should Never Do During an Interview