Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani son’s Akash will marry his schoolmate Shloka Mehta, she is the youngest daughter of Diamantaire Russel Mehta. Both the families and close friends gathered at a luxurious five-star resort in Goa on 24th March for an engagement ceremony. The formal engagement, however, would be done in June. According to the media sources, the marriage is planned for early December with the celebrations spreading across four to five days. The possible date of the marriage is 8th to 12th December at the Oberoi Hotel, Mumbai.
Akash is the chief of Strategy of Jio and Infocomm. He is the eldest son of the chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries Limited Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani founder of Reliance Foundation. Akash and Shloka studied together at the Dhirubhai Ambani International School. After finishing school, Akash studied at Brown University, a private Ivy League institution based in Rhode Island which is counted among the most prestigious institutes in the US.
Who is Sholka?
- Shloka is the youngest of three children of Russell Mehta, head of Rosy Blue, which is one of the country’s leading diamond companies.
- After finishing schooling at Dhirubhai Ambani International School in 2009, she went on to study Anthropology at Princeton University.
- She did her masters in Law at The London School of Economics and Political Science.
- She is a director of Rosy Blue Foundation since July 2014.
- Shloka is also a co-founder of ConnectFor, which matches volunteers with NGOs that need them.
- Apart from that, Shloka is a passionate reader and has always been interested in social work.