Today News Headlines 10th September 2019
- Today PM Narendra Modi, inaugurated the first ever cross-border petroleum products pipeline in South Asia along with Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli. This inauguration took place on video conferencing for the Motihari-Amlekhganj Petroleum Product Pipeline.
- A recent update by ISRO on twitter said that they have located Vikram lander with the help of Chandrayaan 2 orbiter but they haven’t been able to establish communication with it yet but are still trying.
- Maruti Chairman RC Bhargava blamed higher taxes on fuels and upward revision in road and registration charges by state government for adding burden to car buyers. He also said that any temporary GST cuts won’t make much difference.
- The UN Human Rights Council session started on 9th September 2019 in Geneva where India and Pakistan will be making statements on situations in Jammu and Kashmir. This session will continue till 27th September 2019.
- Santosh Dugar who is 63-years-old and is residing in Ballygunge, Kolkata has touched a milestone of 10 years with the help of an artificial implanted heart. He is now one of the longest known survivor with the device in India.
Today News Headlines 10th September 2019
- Amit Shah assured that the Citizenship Amendment Bill, as contemplated by the central government, will not be affecting Article 370 or any laws that protect identities of people of the northeastern states.
- The government in Maharashtra has proposed a 10% reserve for MBBS along with 20% medical post-graduation seats for doctors who are willing to work in their interior areas for nearly 5-7 years.
- PM Modi said that the Government has announced that India will be putting an end to Single-Use plastics in the coming years. He also said that the government will be committed to the development of environment-friendly substitutes.
- The Indian Government will be spending nearly $130 billion for fleet modernization in their critical weapons, missiles, submarines, fighter jets, and warships. This expense will be occurring in the next 5-7 years.
Today News Headlines 10th September 2019 – Latest Sports News
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports derecognized the Paralympic Committee of India after PCI violated the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 by removing Rao Inderjit Singh from the post of President of PCI.
- The Indian Football Team might just have their game at stake. Sunil Chhetri and 2 other players are doing well with their health which is why India might face difficulties in the match against Qatar.
- The government has decided not to file an appeal against WADA suspension of NDLT at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- In the FIH ranking released on 8th September, the Indian Men’s Hockey team was static at number 5 while the Women’s hockey team climbed up to number 9.
- Hockey India made it easier to make registrations with their online portal. They launched the Hockey India Member Units Portal to go paperless as also to make data accessibility easy.
- Post the renewal of the remuneration contracts for sports coaches, Ravi Shastri will likely be earning around Rs 10 crores annually.
- In the Pro Kabaddi League matches, UP Yoddha won over Gujarat Fortunegiants 33-26 continuing their 4th winning streak in the current league while Patna Pirates broke their losing streak against Tamil Thalaivas 51-25.
Must read: Most Runs as Captain in ODI Cricket List
Today News Headlines 10th September 2019 – Bollywood Latest News
- Priyanka Chopra recently took to Instagram, the release date of the trailer of her upcoming bollywood movie,’The Sky is Pink’.
- Kartik Aaryan and Ananya Pandey will be sharing screen space in the upcoming,’Pati Patni Aur Woh’ for the first time. Both the actors were seen wrapping up their schedules for the movie.
- Khushi Kapoor, Sri Devi’s younger daughter was seen at the airport last night. She will be going abroad for nearly 2 years for her further studies.
- Rishi Kapoor has finally reached home after his treatment for cancer in New York for almost a year.