Today News Headlines 11th September 2019
- Responding to Pakistan’s call for international investigation at the UNHR, India has accused Pakistan of using cross-border terrorism as a form of Alternative Diplomacy.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in relation to the cut in sales in the Auto industry said that it is not just the macro factors that are affecting the automobile sales but also consumer behaviour.
- In a report by Niti Aayog CEO, Amitabh Kant, Delhi-NCR is India’s leading start-up region with 7039 startups. Although Bangalore is called India’s silicon valley, but it is at the 2nd position in this list with 5234 startups followed by Mumbai 3829, Hyderabad 1940, Pune 1593 and lastly, Chennai with 1520 startups.
- The government announced a new apple procurement scheme for farmers in J&K. This scheme aims at procuring apples produced in J&K by local farmers by the government and the payment for the same will be made through DBT (direct benefit transfer).
- Almost 80% population in Leh and Kargil districts are scheduled tribes for whose status the ST panel will be taking decisions.
- Bandaru Dattatreya took oath as Governor of Himachal Pradesh today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with UP CM Yogi adityanath and Mathura CM Hema malini will be launching the National Artificial Insemination Programme. He will also be launching a campaign against single-use plastics and the National Animal Disease Control Programme today.
Today News Headlines 11th September 2019 – Sports
- For the olympic qualifiers, Indian Men’s Hockey team will be facing Russia while the Indian Women’s Hockey team will face USA.
- Without Sunil Chhetri, the Indian Football team proved their firepower against Qatar in the qualifier match. India stood at a goalless draw against the Asian Champions. The team is now set to prepare for their next olympic qualifier against Russia for which they will be trainig in Belgium.
- Tejinderpal Singh Toor who recently qualified the World Championships in Doha is now aiming to qualify for the Olympics with a mark of 21.10 metres with a 7.26 kg shot.
- In the Pro Kabaddi League match, U Mumba somehow managed to get back to the top 6 by winning overTelugu Titans 41-27.
- The BCCI announced a 2 year radio rights arrangement with AIR (All India Radio) for live commentary of all matches played by the Indian team.
- The final of the Seventh Season of the Pro Kabaddi League is set to be organised in Ahmedabad on October 19, 2019.
Today News Headlines 11th September 2019 – Entertainment
- After the double century boxoffice hit, Sandeep Vanga is now looking for an actor to play lead in his next. Ranbir Kapoor who is currenting wrapping up with Brahmastra and Shamshera is most likely suitable to the character.
- Vicky Kaushal recently shared a throwback picture of him and Shah Rukh Khan and captioned it,’Dreams do come true’.
- The rumors keep mounting up but if Hrithik is to play the lead in replacement to Salman Khan, in SLB’s ‘Inshalah’, the announcement will be made by the actors or the director soon.