Today News Headlines 12th July 2019 – Read news headlines that have been making a buzz in India today.
- B.com(hons) course sees the highest number of admissions by the 4th cut off list comes out.
- Kunwar Pranav Champion, BJP’s legislator suspended by his party after a controversial video. He spent Rs. 5.51 lakhs to get a ‘0001’VIP number plate for his vehicle.
- According to the UN’s latest Multidimensional Poverty Index report, since 2005 India has rapidly reduced poverty.Jharkhand was among the poorest regions in the world but is now the fastest improving regions.
- The Dabbawalas in Mumbai will not be providing tiffins for 2 days as they are taking part in the Pandharpur pilgrimage.
- The Supreme Court issues a notice to the Maharashtra govt’s response on the Maratha Reservation case.
- MNCs are looking for new talent apart from IIT engineers. Their recruiters have now started hiring students from non-IIT institutions.
- Delhi’s Rajghat thermal plant will be transformed into a Solar Park.
- The expansion of the local assembly will help Apple in saving on high taxes levied on imports of fully-built devices. Apple’s iPhone XR and XS devices are expected to hit the Indian market by August.
- ITC’s FMCG business is now going to include newer categories to compete with Hindustan Unilever, PepsiCo, and Britannia. Their dependence on their tobacco business is riddled due to excessive taxation and regulations.
- A special 50-wagon train carried 2.5 million liters of water from Jolarpet, Vellore to Chennai. The trial run of transferring water from Mettu Sakrakuppam pumping house to Jolarpet filling station has been successful.
- HDFC Bank recently issued a warning to all online banking users about ‘AnyDeskApp’ which is being used by fraudsters to steal money. RBI had also issued a similar advisory.
- Around 4.2 Lakh people have been affected by floods in Assam.
Must Read: Latest India Business News 12th July 2019
Today Sports News Headlines – Today News Headlines 12th July 2019
- The New Zealand cricketer, Taylor admitted that he woke up at 3 am on the reserve day of the match between India and New Zealand in confusion about the fact that he had to face Bumrah in the last overs of the game.
- Serena Willians and Simona Halep have reached the finals of Wimbledon Women.
Today Entertainment News Headlines – Today News Headlines 12th July 2019
- Actor Kangana Ranaut who was subject to boycott has refused to apologize to the journalist for accusing him of running a ‘smear campaign’ against her which even gave her bad press for ‘Manikarnika’.
- Amitabh tweeted an SMS shared by Taapsee appreciating her new film’s trailer.
- Kartik Aaryan is now going to be featured in the Manyavar GroomSquad campaign.
- Actress Sameera Reddy is blessed with a baby girl.
- Ekta Kapoor’s modern take on the old Kasautii Zindagii Kay has not been liked by fans. Netizens have been expressing their dislike on the proposed marriage of Prerna and Mr. Bajaj over social media.