Today News Headlines 13th June 2019 – Read news headlines that have been making a buzz in India today.
- Missing AN-32 – All 13 bodies and the black box of the AN-32 transport aircraft has been recovered. Bodies from the crash site to be ferried through choppers.
- West Bengal doctors’ strike due to an attack on two junior doctors – CM Mamta Banerjee has ordered an enquiry and requested senior doctors to take care of patients. AIIMS resident doctors may also boycott work on Friday, who also wore helmets & bandages, as a mark of protest against the “worsening of violence against medical doctors in West Bengal.”
- #MeToo movement: Nana Patekar given a clean chit by police in the sexual harassment case filed by Tanushree Dutta. Tanushree Dutta reacted to this and said “A corrupt police force and legal system giving a clean chit to an even more corrupt person Nana who has been accused even in the past of bullying, intimidation, and harassment by several women in the film industry.”
- K Sivan, ISRO Chief has said that India is targeting 2030 as the date to launch a 20-tonne space station, which will most likely be used to conduct microgravity experiments. Details on the project will be declared after mission Gaganyaan is complete. Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union MoS for Atomic Energy and Space said that Chandrayaan-2 will be tentatively launched on July 15, 2019, and will land in September. It will carry a rover.
- Addressing the India Ideas Summit of US India Business Council in the US after receiving Global Leadership Award, Google CEO Sundar Pichai said that the scale of India’s market has allowed Google to develop new products in the country and take it to the global level.
Today News Headlines 13th June 2019
- PM Narendra Modi arrived at Bishkek, the Kyrgyzstan capital for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit. This is his first multilateral engagement after his re-election. PM said “The summit is expected to discuss the global security situation, multilateral economic cooperation, people-to-people exchanges and topical issues of international and regional importance. On the sidelines of the summit, I also plan to meet several leaders bilaterally.” PM Modi also met President of China Xi Jinping on the sidelines of SCO Summit.
- Zonel Sougaijam of Manipur was awarded $5000 by Facebook for detecting a bug. He reportedly detected the bug during a voice call with his friend and reported it to Facebook.
- Yogi Adityanath, UP CM, announced Rs.25 lakh and a govt job to the kin of two CRPF personnel from UP who lost their lives in the Anantnag terror attack yesterday.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired a Pre-Budget meeting. She will present her first Budget on 5 July.
- K. Chandrashekar Rao, Telangana CM & TRS President chaired a meeting of TRS Parliamentary Party at Pragathi Bhavan and discussed the strategy to be adopted in the ensuing Parliament sessions.
- Supreme Court has agreed to hear a plea of some students claiming that four questions of NEET UG 2019 were out of NCERT syllabus, hence wrongly set.
- Indian men’s recurve archery team reached into the finals at the World Archery Championships. They defeated the Netherlands 5-4 in a tie-breaker in Den Bosch. They also beat Chinese 6-0 to reach semi-finals. The win has confirmed them qualifying spots in the men’s individual recurve event for India in the 2020 Olympics.
India Vs West Indies match got delayed due to rains. There are hardly any chances of the match being held today.
- Salman Khan hosted a special screening of his movie ‘Bharat’ in Mumbai for the families who experienced events of 1947 and the partition.
The first teaser trailer for Saaho, being reported to be India’s biggest action thriller, has been released. The movie has Prabhas and Shraddha Kapoor in the main lead.
- Shah Rukh Khan will be the Chief Guest at this year’s Indian Film Festival of Melbourne to be held in August 2019.