Today News Headlines 14th September 2019:
- On the occasion of Hindi Diwas, Home Minister Amit Shah said, “The country that leaves its language loses its existence too. The country that loses its language can’t preserve its culture.”
- Ministers in different states have launched the ‘Seva Saptah’ campaign in celebration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday which is coming ahead on 17th September.
- The Supreme Court recently acknowledged that the government has not taken any step in the past 63 years for a uniform civil code which will be applicable to all citizens of the country.
- The IT ministry of India is not in favor of Aadhaar cards being linked with users’ social media accounts. This is because it will trigger a clash with earlier court judgments on privacy and use of the biometric identification card.
- After the Indian government’s push for an increase in participation of the private sector in defense production, a Bengaluru firm, SSS Defence designed and developed 2 sniper rifles prototypes for the armed forces.
Today News Headlines 14th September 2019
- The IAF got a delayed booster shot to shore up its Air Defence Capabilities with a Rs 5400 crore deal inked with defense PSU Bharat Electronics fr 7 additional squadrons of the Akash Surface-to-Air missile systems.
- The International Monetary Fund recently projected a slower growth rate for India in 2019 and 2020.
- The Indian Railways have removed the Flexi-fare scheme from the Humsafar trains which currently only have AC 3-tier classes. The tatkal ticket fares of the Humsafar trains have also been reduced and will cost 1.3 times of base fare rather than 1.5 times.
- Odd-Even scheme will be back in Delhi from 4th November till 15th November 2019 right after Diwali to tackle pollution.
Today News Headlines 14th September 2019 – Sports
- The Union Sports Minister, Kiren Rijiju honored former hockey players for their contributions and achievements for the country yesterday and added that these players will remain Indian heroes forever.
- Due to a knee injury, ace shuttler, Kidambi Srikanth will be pulling himself out of the China and Korea Opens. He also tweeted about the same.
- With each passing game, Nihal Sarin is continuing to grow his stardom in the Chess World Cup.
- Bengal Warriors beat Bengaluru Bulls 42-40 in the Pro Kabaddi match on 12th September.
- For India’s home game against the Asian Cup 2019 Champions, Qatar, the AIFF has reached to an agreement for Odisha to host the game. So, this high-profile clash will be taking place in March 2020 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneshwar.
- Sunil Chhetri, the Indian Legend of Football, recently said that he was extremely proud of Manvir Singh who replaced him in the recent quest against Qatar. He also added that Manvir would soon become the next number 9 for the Indian Football Team.
Today News Headlines 14th September 2019 – Entertainment
- It is Ayushman Khurana’s 35th birthday today and wishes from his wife and other celebrities have been coming in for him non-stop. His fans have also been excited all over the internet.
- The first-day box office collection of ‘Dream Girl’ has landed around 9.50 crores. Catch public reviews below.
- The premiere of ‘The Sky is Pink’ is set to release at the Toronto International Film Festival 2019.
- In a recent interview, Nushrat Bharucha opened up about having to want to play Alia Bhatt’s role in ‘Kapoor and Sons’, she added that she enjoyed watching the movie and loved Alia’s character in the movie.