Today News Headlines 16th September 2019:
- The Supreme Court has asked the Central and J&K government to bring back normalcy to the state, keeping in mind national security issues and to make efforts to make the functioning of schools and hospitals back to normal.
- PM Narendra Modi will be rallying in the US and Donald Trump will also be present at the event. The rally is named,’ Howdy Modi’ and will take place on 22nd September 2019.
- The Sunni Waqf Board wrote to the SC’s appointed mediation panel seeking for the resumption of negotiations. A similar letter was also written by Nirvani Akhara.
- The Supreme Court has sought a response from the Central and J&K administration on a plea that seeks to produce Farooq Abdullah before the court.
- The Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar said that he will also be implementing NRC (National Register of Citizens) in the state just like Assam. Their government has also started to work on it swiftly.
Today News Headlines 16th September 2019
- The revised Motor Vehicle Act is starting to lose importance is various states and now after West Bengal, even Telangana is not implementing the new Motor Vehicle Act 2019.
- Air India has now started providing low calorie/low-fat meals for crew operating flights out of Delhi and Mumbai.
- A recent tweet by Nobel Prize Winner, Malala Yousafzai set Indians to speak up for their country. She was shunned by numerous Indians to first take care of her own country where she herself finds it hard to live!
Today News Headlines 16th September 2019 – Sports
- According to the ACU (Anti Corruption Unit), BCCI initiated an inquiry over the alleged corruption in TNPL (Tamil Nadu Premier League).
- The first T20 international between India and South Africa was abandoned due to the rains.
- Pankaj Advani increased his tally to 22 for the World Titles after winning at the 4th straight final in the 150-up format at the IBSF World Billiards Championship.
- In the Pro Kabaddi League match, Patna Pirates beat Puneri Paltan 55-33 while Dabang Delhi won against Gujarat Fortunegiants 34-30.
- Arjun Vajpai took up the #GoMonster challenge and traveled from East of India to the West which is nearly 3700 km.
Today News Headlines 16th September 2019 – Entertainment
- Vidya Balan shared the first-look from her upcoming movie,’ Shakuntala Devi’. The teaser for the same is also out today and will leave you intrigued.
- Kartik Aaryan along with Ananya Panday were seen outside their dance class post rehearsals for their movie,’Pati Patni Aur Woh’. The movie has recently wrapped up the shoot.
- Janhvi Kapoor who will be seen co-starring Rajkummar Rao took to her Instagram story that they have wrapped up their shooting schedule for ‘RoohiAfza’.
- ‘Dream Girl’ has collected nearly Rs 18 crores on the third day at the Box Office and they have managed to collect a total of about Rs 43.50 crores on their first weekend.