Today News Headlines 17th July 2019 – Read news headlines that have been making a buzz in India today.
- ISRO is looking at relaunching Chandrayaan 2 on 22nd July. Chandrayaan is a mission to the moon.
- Hafiz Saeed was arrested and sent to judicial custody. He is believed to be the front of the Lashkar-e-Taiba which was responsible for carrying out the 2008 Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people.
- NEET’s 2nd allotment list of 2019 will be out tomorrow @mcc.nic.in
- The government is planning to break up the units of Coal India into separate listed companies to boost competition and raise government funds and boost output.
- The US is looking to replace Chinese products with Indian products after trade tensions which became expensive due to the US-China trade war.
- The fight for Kashmir’s ‘Jihadi’ space is still on between Pro-Caliphate and Pro-Pakistan groups.
Read More: India shows signs of hope against Syria
- The Commerce Minister, Piyush Goyal said in Lok Sabha that the government must create a conducive environment for retail trade by simplifying rule and regulations which are hindering with the growth of the retail sector.
- The CEO of the Oyo Hotels and Homes, Ritesh Agarwal has set up a Cayman Islands registered entity which looks to make fresh investments in the SoftBank-backed hospitality chain along with undertaking buybacks from existing investors.
- After the global exploration budgets have shrunk, India’s overhauled policy to find oil and gas are unlikely to be game-changers.
- According to an FMCG growth forecast for 2019 it is proved that the rural growth for FMCG products are dipping down. It has decreased by 9.7% compared to the last quarter
- After the Cricket World Cup, India is going to tour to the West Indies and then to New Zealand. They will be playing a total of 5 tests, 9 ODIs, and 12 T20Is in their home season.
- India’s top ranked archer (woman), Deepika Kumari won a silver medal at the test event of 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
Must Read: FaceApp challenge used on Team India
- Celebrity, Taapsee Pannu gifted a Jeep Compass to her sister, Shagun Pannu as her birthday present.
- Sanjay Dutt said he is eagerly waiting to shoot for Munna Bhai 3.
- Saaho’s release date is postponed to August 30 to avoid clashes with Mission Mangal and Batla House.
- Salman Khan shared a video on his Instagram in which one of his fan is drawing a picture of him.
- Nick Jonas recently explained in a show in the US what ‘Pheras’ in a Hindu Marriage mean.
- Akshay Kumar has donated Rs.2 crores to the Assam CM’s Relief Fund and the Kaziranga National Park rescue