Today News Headlines 17th September 2019
- The Rajasthan Government is thinking on the possibility of providing 75% reservation to local people for private jobs.
- Today is Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 69th birthday and he began his day with a visit to the Statue of Unity and the Sardar Sarovar Dam on Narmada, Gujarat. Wishes for him have been pouring in from the entire nation.
- The dates for the ‘Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2019’ have been announced along with discounts. The sale begins on 29th September and will be on till 4th October.
- PM Modi has asked the public for ideas for his speech in the Houston event, ‘Howdy Modi’ on the special open forum on the NaMo application.
- The agriculture ministry is being pushed to release funds in as second installment of PM-Kisan to boost rural demand after only 59% of beneficiaries received transfers.
- In India’s mission in Moscow, Wing Commander Anjali Singh has been posted as a defense attaché. This is the first time such an appointment has been made in the armed forces.
- The Vikram Lander, lying motionless on the moon will be photographed by NASA’s lunarcraft LRO. This might help ISRO in knowing the exact status of their lander.
- Pakistan announced that they will open the Kartarpur Corridor for the Indian Sikh Pilgrims on November 9. This cross border will be visa-free.
Today News Headlines 17th September 2019 – Sports
- The Asian Games gold medalist, Amit Panghal will be taking on Batuhan Citfci, while Kavinder Singh Bisht will take on Arslan Khataev and Manish Kaushik will take on Chinzorig Baatarsukh at the World Championship. Duryodhan Singh Negi was bowed out of the championship after he lost to Zeyad Eashash.
- India’s new cricket ground, ‘Motera’ which is under construction is set to beat the current record holder of the largest cricket stadium,’Melbourne Cricket Ground’. Motera will consist a capacity of 110000 as compared to 95000 in Melbourne cricket ground.
- In the quest for the World Title, Vinesh Phogat was pitted against Sofia Mattsson and this quest ended in the ‘toughest possible’ draw.
- Virat Kohli with 903 rating points is right behind smith who has 937 rating points. Smith stands at the first position while Kohli stands second.
- The Union Government has decided to launch several leagues across all sports especially for girl athletes and the first league to start would be ‘Khelo India Girls Football League’.
- In the Pro Kabaddi League contest, Dabang Deli beat Telugu Titans 37-29 while UP Yoddha beat Jaipur Pink Panthers 38-32.
- Sumit Nagal jumped 15 places and achieved the 159 career-high ranking in the latest ATP rankings released on 16th September 2019.
Today News Headlines 17th September 2019 – Entertainment
- After the long fake certificate controversy on Ananya Panday, she recently shared a picture on her Instagram sharing her documents with a long caption that will leave you with some clarity.
- Nick Jonas turned 27 on 16th September 2019 and wishes poured in for him from all around the world. In midst this, his sister-in-law, Danielle shared a video in which we can see Nick and Priyanka dancing in the most Indian style. Priyanka Chopra also shared a heart-melting video for hubby, Nick Jonas.
- Taapsee Pannu recently shared a picture throwing back to 3 years for ‘PINK’, which left a famous dialogue in the minds of people, “NO means NO”. She is working on her next, ‘Thappad’.