Today News Headlines 18th November 2019
- The morning Spicejet flight from Ahmedabad to Delhi was aborted during takeoff today. Passengers have been left stranded.
- Congress MLA Tanveer Sait was attacked by an unknown person today morning at an event in Mysore. He was attacked with a sharp knife, causing injuries.
- High surface winds and boundary layer winds contributed to the significant improvement in Delhi’s air quality today as the overall Air Quality Index (AQI) in Delhi stood at the “Poor” category as compared to Sunday’s “Very Poor” category.
- Taking a veiled dig at his Gujarat counterpart Vijay Rupani, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said that instead of buying a Rs. 191 crore-plane for himself he preferred to provide free ride to women in public transport buses.
- Gautam Gambhir, lawmaker of Bharatiya Janata Party drew criticism for skipping a crucial meeting two days ago on pollution, “Missing” posters of lawmaker.
- BJP will stage a ‘sadak bandh’ throughout Telangana on November 19 against the acts of some officials in the state government who are acting like “agents of the ruling TRS” by going against those who sided with the TSRTC employees.
- Shiv Sena confident on forming Maharashtra govt as Sonia, Pawar meet today to finalize contract.
- The three leaders – Sajjad Lone, Waheed Para, and Shah Faisal – were among 34 being detained at the city’s Centaur Hotel and were being moved to the MLA Hostel because the facility lacked proper heating to deal with the Kashmiri winter.
Today News Headlines 18th November 2019 – Sports
- Max Verstappen’s former teammate Pierre Gasly made a first podium appearance in second place for Red Bull-owned Toro Rosso.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas was playing for the third successive day after losing a superb group match against Rafael Nadal and eclipsing six-time champion Roger Federer in the semi-finals.
- Rajat Sharma had resigned from his post yesterday but DDCA ombudsman puts Rajat Sharma’s resignation on hold.
- Cristiano Ronaldo took his career tally to 99 international goals as Portugal qualified for the 2020 European Championship with a 2-0 win at Luxembourg.
- Sourav Ganguly, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president said that Virat Kohli will be extremely happy to see a packed house when India host Bangladesh for their first-ever Day-Night Test at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
Must read: The Largest Stadiums in India
Today News Headlines 18th November 2019 – Entertainment
- Salman Khan shared a picture on Instagram with his personal bodyguard Shera.
View this post on Instagram
- Arjun Kapoor shared a collage of pictures in which he and Rakul Preet are seen goofing around for the film, ‘rom-com’.
- A Hyderabad-based independent filmmaker has sent legal notices to Amitabh Bachchan, Nagraj Manjule and the makers of the film, ‘Jhund’ over alleged copyright infringement.
- Divya Khosla Kumar song Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi is out.
- Sidharth Malhotra and Tara Sutaria film Marjaavaan is doing well at the box office.
- Sarileru Neekevvaru teaser is in the works, director Anil Ravipudi shares a glimpse.