Today News Headlines 19th September 2019
- The Cabinet approved a ban on E-cigarettes which will make production, manufacture, import, export, transport, sale, and advertisement of the product punishable offenses with a jail term from 1-3 years & fines of 1-5 lakhs.
- The Supreme court has set the deadline date to conclude the Ayodhya Land Dispute hearings on 18th October 2019. This action was taken to ensure that the conclusion is given out before the retirement of CJI Ranjan Gogoi.
- The IAF has re-opened the Vijaynagar ALG in Arunachal Pradesh for the military aircraft. The army also conducted an operational alert exercise in the eastern Ladakh near the Line of Actual Control.
- Foreign Minister S Jaishankar will be visiting Finland to hold bilateral talks and to unveil Gandhi statue in Helsinki on his way to the US.
- India’s diaspora continues to be the largest in the World with 17.5 million. This concludes 6.4% of the total world migrant population of 272 million till mid-2019.
- The Vikram lander is assumed to get damaged after 14 earth nights on the south pole of the moon as the temperature will nearly be around -240 degrees Celsius.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah said that NRC will be introduced to the entire country and all illegal immigrants must be thrown out by legal means.
Today News Headlines 19th September 2019 – Sports
- Virat Kohli scored 72 not out in the 2nd T20I against South Africa and has now surpassed Rohit Sharma in becoming the leading T20I run-scorer for India with 2441 runs from 71 T20Is. Rohit Sharma has a score of 2434 runs in 97 matches.
- Vinesh Phogat is now the first Indian wrestler to seal a quota spot for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- In the Pro Kabaddi League matches, U Mumba beat UP Yoddha 39-36 while Tamil Thalaivas and Puneri Paltan settled for a tie 36-36.
- Sindhu, Kashyap, and Praneeth from India have moved in the second round of the China Open.
- Hima Das, who is the current World Junior Champion has been ruled out of the World Championship which will take place in Doha due to a back problem.
- Amit Panghal and Manish Kaushik have entered the Semifinals of the World Men’s Boxing Championships by defeating Carlo Paalam and Wanderson de Oliveira.
Today News Headlines 19th September 2019 – Entertainment
- Akshay Kumar recently shared a video on his Instagram where he took a metro ride from Ghatkopar to Versova and also praised the rail services for saving his time.
- The Hindi trailer of ‘Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy’ is out and portrays a glimpse of India’s first-ever freedom fighter, Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
Must Read: Bigg Boss 13 Contestants List 2019