Today News Headlines 20th August 2019:
- B Sriramulu, KS Eshwarappa, C N Ashwath Narayan and Govind M Karjol took oath as Karnataka Cabinet Minister, in the presence of Governor Vajubhai Vala and CM BS Yediyurappa.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said that the government has just approved a proposal for providing test facilities of government entities to the private defense sector.
- The water level of the Yamuna river in Delhi has risen to 205.94 meters, 0.61 meters above the danger level. Old Loha Pul has been closed for vehicular traffic and pedestrians.
- The state government of Uttarakhand is using 3 helicopters and has done 20 sorties for proving relief materials to the affected villages.
- PM Narendra Modi will be on a two-day official visit to France on August 22-23 before taking off for UAE. He will participate in digital and climate change summits as part of the G7 summit.
- In the AgustaWestland money laundering case, a special court in Delhi has deferred hearing on ED’s plea seeking bail cancellation of Rajiv Saxena for August 29.
- ISRO has reported completion of Lunar Orbit Insertion of #Chandrayaan2 maneuver today at 0902 hrs IST.
Today News Headlines 20th August 2019
- Manali-Leh NH 3 has been blocked after a landslide in Marhi near Rohtang.
- Sri Lankan Navy has apprehended foud Indian fishermen from Kottaipattinam in Pudukottai district near Delft Island.
- Hyderabad Police has prohibited bursting of firecrackers at public places on Ganesh Chaturthi from 2nd to 12th Sept. 2019.
- Many leaders paid tribute to former PM Rajiv Gandhi on his 75th birth anniversary.
- After reportedly talking to PM Narendra Modi oh phone, US President Donald Trump tweeted “Spoke to my two good friends, PM Modi of India, & PM Khan of Pakistan, regarding trade, strategic partnerships and, most importantly, for India and Pakistan to work towards reducing tensions in Kashmir. A tough situation, but good conversations.”
- TOI has reported that senior UK diplomatic sources have said that UK did not back China or Pakistan at the UNSC meeting on Kashmir.
Must Read: Today News Headlines 19th August 2019
Today News Headlines 20th August 2019 – Entertainment
- Legendary composer Mohammed Zahur Khayyam passed away yesterday night in Mumbai. He was 93 years old.
- Federation of Western India Cine Employees, which banned Mika Singh, has warned to ban Salman Khan from the industry if he works with Mika Singh in his upcoming concert in Houston on August 28.
- A new song,’Dil Ka Telephone’ from the movie,’Dream Girl’ is out and Ayushmann has really put up a show to make your funny bones tickle.
Today News Headlines 20th August 2019 – Sports
- Ajinkya Rahane and Hanuma Vihari scored half-centuries before the three-day warm-up game against West Indies A ended in a draw.
- Navdeep Saini will reportedly remain with the Indian team in west indies as a net bowler.
- Virat Kohli completed 11 years of international cricket on August 18 and took to social media to share his feelings.
From starting as a teenager on the same day in 2008 to reflecting on the journey 11 years after, I couldn’t have dreamt of the blessings God has showered me with. May you all get the strength and power to follow your dreams and always follow the right path. 🇮🇳🙏😇#forevergrateful pic.twitter.com/sTZ7tKEoMz
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) August 19, 2019