Today News Headlines 21st November 2019
- The Congress and NCP are set to hold another round of meeting to give a final announcement to the contours of the alliance with the ideologically opposite Shiv Sena to form government in Maharashtra.
- At present, residents of Delhi are breathing about 25 times more toxic air (as on November 19) than the permissible limit according to the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
- Congress has increased its ante against the Modi government claiming political vendetta after the home ministry announced it was withdrawing the Special Protection Group security cover granted to Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has revoked the Indian citizenship of Telangana MLA Ramesh Chennamaneni saying the legislator concealed crucial facts and obtained citizenship by fraud.
- The Delhi Lt Governor, Anil Baijal on 20th November approved the urbanization of 79 villages and directed officials to withdraw cases registered under section 81 of the Land Reforms Act.
- The Rajya Sabha members sought amendments in certain provisions of the Surrogacy Regulation Bill 2019 which seeks to ban commercial surrogacy in India.
- The number of female passengers in public buses in New Delhi has jumped by nearly 10 percent since the implementation of the Delhi government’s free-ride scheme for women.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu said children should learn as many languages as possible without neglecting or ignoring their mother tongue, and noted that sentiments and language go hand in hand.
- The BJP named eight more candidates for the Jharkhand Assembly polls, after replacing rebel party leader Saryu Roy with Devendra Singh in the Jamshedpur West constituency.
- Assam Finance Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the present NRC process in Assam should be scrapped and Assam wants to be a part of the national NRC process.
- In a unique ceremony CISF canines, Hina, Kite, Jessy, Jelly, Lovely, Lucy, and Veer that secured Delhi Metro have now retired from service and also received medals, selfies, and hugs.
— Prasar Bharati News Services (@PBNS_India) November 20, 2019
Today News Headlines 21st November 2019 – Sports
- After serving an unforgettable World Cup final and a tremendous T20 series that also went down to a deciding super over, New Zealand and England will take on each other in the 1st of the two-match series at Mount Maunganui.
- As India steps into the unknown with their maiden Day-night Test vs Bangladesh starting November 22 at Eden Gardens in Kolkata, Virat Kohli and Co. would love to start their pink ball journey with a victory.
- Taylor Fritz kept the U.S. hopes alive in the Davis Cup Finals by defeating Matteo Berrettini 5-7, 7-6 (5), 6-2, equalizing the series at 1-1.
- Andy Murray made a successful return to the Davis Cup, rallying to beat Tallon Griekspoor 6-7 (7), 6-4, 7-6 (5).
- India crashed out of the Asian Cricket Council Emerging Teams Cup after losing by three runs to arch-rivals Pakistan in the first semifinal.
Must read: The Largest Stadiums in India
Today News Headlines 21st November 2019 – Entertainment
- Baahubali director SS Rajamouli cast three international actors, Ray Stevenson, Olivia Morris, and Alison Doody, for his upcoming period drama RRR.
- At the inauguration ceremony of the 50th edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), Amitabh Bachchan shares his bonding and friendship with Rajinikanth.
Bollywood’s Shahenshah and the Chief Guest of #IFFI50, Shri. @SrBachchan felicitated by Thalaivar Shri. @rajinikanth at #IFFI2019 @satija_amit @MIB_India @PIB_India @esg_goa pic.twitter.com/krI5j5z7D5
— IFFI 2019 (@IFFIGoa) November 20, 2019
- Sidharth Malhotra and Tara Sutaria in lead roles in Marjaavaan. After almost a week of its release, the film is in a drop.
- Bala is soon going to join the coveted Rs 100-crore club. The film will be Ayushmann Khurrana’s third film to achieve the feat.
- The song Ankhiyon Se Goli Mare is out. Kartik Aaryan, Ananya Panday, and Bhumi Pednekar will be seen in the remix of the 90s hit in Pati Patni Aur Woh.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan celebrated the birth anniversary of her father Krishnaraj Rai with underprivileged people.