Today News Headlines 21st October 2019
- The Haryana and Maharashtra Elections are ongoing today and the results for the same will be out on 24th October 2019.
- Nearly 500 women in NSIC ground, Okhla marked their position in the world record for creating the biggest ‘W’ for Water Conservation. This ‘Woman Water Warriors’ awareness campaign was initiated by the Wade Foundation.
- PM Narendra Modi launched the Bridgital Nation written by the chairman of Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran, and chief economist & head of policy advocacy at the Tata Group, Roopa Purushothaman and said in a caution against the demonisation of technology that efforts must be to harness its potential in transforming people’s lives.
- The Indian Army targetted and killed nearly 6 terrorists with the help of launch pads across the LoC in the Tangdhar sector to kill Pakistani infiltration attempts.
- The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2019 witnessed a record of 40633 participants with nearly 5000 increase in comparison to last year.
- LED screens are set to be installed in all government-run liquor stores displaying inventory for consumers to choose from.
Today News Headlines 21st October 2019 – Sports
- Rohit Sharma broke Don Bradman’s 71-year-old record of 98.22 average after smashing his first double century in Test cricket on home soil. Rohit Sharma now has an average of 99.84.
- Gujarat won over Delhi by 6 wickets in their quarterfinal encounter for the Vijay Hazare Trophy. Now, Gujarat has found it’s way to the semis of the tournament.
- Karnataka won over Pondicherry to lead their way to the semis of the Vijay Hazare Trophy after KL Rahul’s 90.
- Bengal Warriors beat Dabang Delhi 39-34 in the final clash of the Pro Kabaddi League Season 7 to clinch onto their maiden PKL Title.
- The Indian junior men’s hockey team lost to Great Britain 1-2 in the final clash of the 9th Sultan of Johor Cup on 19th October 2019.
- Kerala Blasters beat ATK 2-1 in the season-opening match of the Indian Super League.
Must Read: Biggest fights of Bigg Boss of all time
Today News Headlines 21st October 2019 – Entertainment
- Amitabh Bachchan took to Twitter to apologize for missing out on greeting his fans outside ‘Jalsa’ (his house) on Sunday 20th October 2019.
T 3524 – I convalesce .. but they still come for the Sunday meet .. my apologies .. could not come out ..🙏🙏🙏 pic.twitter.com/qXx3uonlWL
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) October 20, 2019
- Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor will soon be starting shoots for their next film by Luv Ranjan in February next year.
- Sunny Leone took to Instagram to wish her hubby a happy birthday and also expressed her feelings for him.
- Dabangg 3 which is set to release in December 2019 will be launching the trailer on 23rd October 2019.
Recommended Reading: Bollywood Entertainment News from 14th to 18th october 2019