Today News Headlines 22nd August 2019
- Congress Leader, P Chidambaram has been detained by the CBI.
- The Water Level at the Old Yamuna Bridge or as you call it the ‘Loha Pul’ is at 204.95 meters which is just 0.38 meters less than the danger level of 205.33 meters.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting France, UAE, and Bahrain from 22nd August to 26th August to strengthen India’s relation with them and will also be exploring for new areas of cooperation.
- The Security outside the Enforcement Directorate office has been tightened as Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief, Raj Thackeray has been summoned by the ED to appear before them.
- There have been protests against the demolition of Sant Ravidas Temple since yesterday after which some private schools and daycare facilities in South-East Delhi have been announced to be on a holiday.
- The Mansarover Yatra in Uttarakhand has been halted due to heavy rainfall which washed away a part of the road that connects from Tanakpur to Champawat.
Must Read: Latest India Business News 22nd August 2019
Today News Headlines 22nd August 2019 – Sports
- ICC’s new concussion substitute will set to be introduced by BCCI in domestic cricket.
- Paytm won a bid of Rs 326.80 crores for title sponsorship rights in both international and domestic matches.
- Mohun Bagan won the Semifinal match at the Durand Cup against Real Kashmir. Now Real Kashmir is out of the tournament.
- Gokulam Kerala knocked out East Bengal in the Semi-Final of the Durand Cup.
- After a loss against UP Yodhha, Pink Panthers have taken back the game by winning the Pro Kabaddi League match against Tamil Thalaivas.
- The Indian Women’s Hockey team won the Olympic test event against Japan.
- Puneri Paltan won the Pro Kabaddi League match against Bengaluru Bulls 31-23.
Must Read: Australia vs England 3rd Test 2019 Ashes
Today News Headlines 22nd August 2019 – Entertainment
- Anushka Sharma recently added to her Instagram post encouraging people to bring around positivity over the internet. She added hashtags for people to add to their posts, #HappyTweets and #LoveAndLightProject
- VYRL Originals’ journey to bring back the era of non-film music and to create original content began 18 months ago. They have released 25 non-film tracks and have also been successful in roping in 17 exclusive artists for the same.
- Anupam Kher’s second book, ‘Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly’, is out for reading
- The team of Andhadhun celebrated their win at the 66th National Film Awards. Ayushmann Khurrana won the ‘Best Actor’ for Andhadhun. The film bagged more awards at the National Film Awards for the ‘Best Hindi Film’ and the ‘Best Adapted Screenplay’.