Today News Headlines 22nd October 2019
- DPIIT and Invest India have joined hands to put together a new mechanism aiming to attract investors to invest over $500 million in India.
- P Chidambaram has been granted bail by the Supreme Court in the INX Media corruption case and has been ordered by the court to make himself available for interrogations as and when required by the probe agency. He is not allowed to leave the country without prior permission from the court.
- The turnout of the Haryana and Maharashtra Assembly Elections this time was nearly 65.6% and 60.5% respectively.
- The Delhi Government after nearly 7 months of resistance has finally come on board with the PM-Kisan scheme that will pave off a way for nearly 21000 farmers to avail income support of Rs 6000 per annum.
- The Centre has told the SC that it would be finalizing a new set of regulations by the end of January to check misusage of the internet like hate speech, public order, anti-national activities, fake news as said by the ministry of electronics and IT.
- The New Education Policy NEP-2020 is all set to propose a single test of subject-specific aptitude for admissions to colleges and universities all across the country.
- India has signed the Kartarpur Corridor Agreement on 23rd October 2019 with Pakistan charging pilgrims $20 to visit the Kartarpur Sahib.
- Pakistan has not been accepting postal consignments from India after 27th August 2019 in retaliation to Abrogation of Article 370. Now, India has slammed Pakistan for the same saying that it violated the established international norms.
- The Government of India announced the Siachen area open for tourists on 21st October 2019.
- The J&K Governor, Satya Pal Malik in response to a question about the Indian army’s action against terror camps inside POK said, “We will dismantle terrorist camps and if they still don’t mend their ways, we will go inside (PoK).
- The SC has given a go for the construction of the Metro Shed Project in the Aarey Colony after BMC assured the bench of no further tree falling and maintenance of status quo by SC in the last order.
Today News Headlines 22nd October 2019 – Sports
- India has crushed South Africa with a 3-0 whitewash in the 3 match test series. They won over South Africa by an entire innings and 202 runs.
- The strike by Bangladeshi players for a hike in payments are unlikely to affect the India Tour as Bangladesh has already announced the playing XI of their team for the tour and the BCB is hoping to resolve these matters with the players by the end of this week or early next week.
- Boxer Amit Panghal has reached the quarter-finals of the 7th CISM World Military Games by beating Boughanmi Bilel 4-1 in the men’s 52 kg category. Deepak also beat Nguyen Linh Phung 5-0 in the men’s 49 kg category and entered the quarter-finals.
- In the recent contest of the Indian Super League, Bengaluru FC played a goalless draw against NorthEast United FC.
Must Read: NO Jasprit Bumrah till early 2020
Today News Headlines 22nd October 2019 – Entertainment
- Ileana D’Cruz shared posters from her upcoming movie ‘Pagalpanti’ ahead of the trailer launch today.
View this post on Instagram
- The most awaited trailer of the year for Dabangg 3 is set to release on 23rd October 2019 and will also catch a glimpse of the song ‘Munna Badnam Hua’.
- Krissh 4 is not going to be directed by Sanjay Gupta and will be directed by Rakesh Roshan himself as he confirmed the news by adding that Sanjay Gupta is working with him on the script of the movie.
- Shilpa Shetty took to her Instagram handle to share pictures from the Diwali party hosted by Manish Malhotra.
Recommended Reading: India vs South Africa 2019 3rd Test Match Highlights