Today News Headlines 23rd October 2019
- The Vice President of India, Venkaiah Nadu will be representing India at the 18th Non-Aligned Movement summit to be held on 25-26 October 2019 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- The postal department feels that India Post Payments Bank’s operations have nearly become unviable and have stopped fresh hiring after which the department is waiting for RBI’s nod to transform it into a small finance bank.
- The revenue generated from the Statue of Unity has reached around Rs 71.66 crores till date since its inauguration on October 31, 2018.
- The Assam Government in the cabinet meeting on 21st October 2019 has decided that people with more than 2 children will not be eligible for government jobs after 1 January 2021. This move by the government is setting foot to curb population explosion.
- After receiving bail yesterday, P Chidambaram has been taken into custody by the ED for his alleged involvement in money laundering which popped up out of financial transactions in the same case.
- Reliance Jio paid Rs 1133 crore to the telecom department while Vodafone Idea paid Rs 2421 crore for spectrum dues.
- The Supreme Court on 22nd October 2019 decided to examine pleas relating to social media in order to track originators of fake news, rumours & other objectionable material. The SC also directed a transfer of all such cases from High courts to itself.
Today News Headlines 23rd October 2019 – Sports
- Sourav Ganguly today took over as BCCI’s 39th president. With this, Mahim Verma became the new vice-president while Arun Dhumal became the treasurer. Sourav Ganguly is now also the biggest name to have head the world’s richest cricket board.
- Virat Kohli recently took to twitter his view on being a vegetarian. He turned vegan last year…
Saw game changers on Netflix. Being a vegetarian athlete has made me realise what I have believed all these years regarding diet was a myth. What an amazing documentary and yes I’ve never felt better in my life after I turned vegetarian.
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) October 23, 2019
- The Indian cricket team is now the world’s no 1 test side after India’s 3-0 sweep in the 3 match test series between India and South Africa.
- In the recent contest at the Indian Super League Jamshedpur FC beat Odisha FC 2-1.
Today News Headlines 23rd October 2019 – Entertainment
- The cast and crew of ‘War’ was yesterday seen celebrating the success of their movie which is about to cross the Rs 300 crore mark at the box office in a few days. War has collected a total of Rs 285.88 crores in 21 days of its release at the box office.
- The upcoming movie releases for this week include Housefull 4, Made in China, and Saand ki Aankh.
- With Katrina Kaif’s new makeup launch, several celebrities from the Bollywood industry took to their social media handles to congratulate her.
View this post on Instagram
Presenting @kaybykatrina to all of you. It’s truly a dream which has come into existence so beautifully. Thank you to my entire team, Nykaa, Falguni Nayar, Reena Chhabra and everyone for helping me achieve this..so much love to all of you from the bottom of my heart..❤ lastly..always remember, be authentic, be real, be yourself…because #ItsKayToBeYou. NOW OUT IN STORES AND NYKAA.COM (link in bio) @mynykaa #KayByKatrina #KayXNykaa #MakeupThatKares Thank u to all the beautiful women who collaborated with me on this … you are all truly Queens! @zoieakhtar @anaitashroffadajania @nehwalsaina @therajakumari @kushakapila @jannatzubair29 @urvashi_umrao @andreakevichusa @sanathampi @priyadarshini.96 @anugrahanatarajan @haima_simoes #Nayanthara #Appoorva #Simone Director : @Sergicastella Music supervisor: @ankurtewari Music: @dubsharma Production house: @cuttingedgepictures Executive Producer: @Billoosandhu Producer : @Urshila.purohit