Read Today News Headlines 23rd September 2019:
- The DTC set a fine of Rs 200 for those traveling in the DTC bus without a ticket. This amount has a chance of being raised up to Rs 1500 after the modification in the Motor Vehicle Act. Confirmation is still awaited by the Delhi Government.
- A team of students from IIT Delhi have invented devices that will help in analyzing real-time pollution. These devices will also be used to study the impact of the odd-even scheme in Delhi.
- Nirmala Sitharaman recently said that the Centre would not resort to any expenditure cuts in the wake of the Rs 1.45 lakh crore corporate tax relief which unveiled last week.
- A notice to dismantle Lingamaneni Ramesh’s unauthorized house within 7 days has been issued by APCRDA. This is the building where Former chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu currently resides in.
Today News Headlines 23rd September 2019 – Sports
- Rahul Aware defeated Tyler Lee Graff in the World Wrestling Championship and won the Bronze but has not qualified into the Tokyo Olympics 2020 due to his weight issue yet.
- Amit Panghal won a silver medal at the World Boxing Championship in the 52kg category.
- Rohit Sharma has leveled MS Dhoni’s record in playing most T20Is for India. He has completed 98 appearances for India when he stepped in to perform against South Africa at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- The Committee of Administrators have doubled the daily allowance of cricket players on foreign tours to Rs 7500.
- Niranjan’s son, Jaydev Shah was elected as the President of the Saurashtra Cricket Association on 22nd September 2019.
- In the recent Pro Kabaddi League matches, U Mumba beat Gurajat Fortunegiants 31-25 and jumped to the fourth spot, while UP Yoddha beat Tamil Thalaivas 42-22.
- Deepak Punia withdrew from playing in the finals of the World Wrestling Championship due to his leg injury and walked out with the silver medal in the 86kg category.
Today News Headlines 23rd September 2019 – Entertainment
- Celebrities from Bollywood lauded the historic event, Howdy Modi all over their social media accounts.
- The release date for Vicky Kaushal and Bhumi Pednekar’s, ‘Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship’ has been pushed forward from 15th November 2019 to 21st February 2020.
- Parineeti Chopra wrapped up the shooting for her next,’The Girl on the Train’ which is a remake of a Hollywood movie with the same title.
- Sanya Malhotra is set to join the star cast of ‘Shakuntala Devi Human-Computer’. She will be playing the role of Vidya Balan’s daughter in the movie.
- Zoya Akhtar has had a great year with her ‘Lust Stories’ as a nomination at the Emmys and now ‘Gully Boy’ as India’s official entry for the Oscars.