Today News Headlines 24th August 2019
- PM Narendra Modi on his visit to an Indian community at UNESCO headquarters in Paris said ” In ‘new India’, corruption, nepotism, dynasty, loot of people’s money and terrorism have been reined in like never before.”
- Our former Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley has bid us a Farewell and has left for the heavenly aboard at the age of 66. He has truly been an inspiration for a majority of the masses.
- UAE will award PM Narendra Modi with the ‘Order of Zayed which is conferred as the highest cilivian award by the UAE government.
- Amit Shah paid tribute to Sardar Patel at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Policy Academy in Hyderabad. Sardar Patel united 630 princely states except Jammu and Kashmir and now under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi, finally Jammu and Kashmir has fully integrated with rest of the nation.
- Delegation of the opposition leaders are visiting jammu and Kashmir today. This also includes Rahul Gandhi, D Raja, Sharad Yadav, Majeed Memon and Manoj Jha.
- The Rampur District Magistrate, Anujaneya Kumar Singh also participated in a cleanliness drive in Rampur along with citizens residing in the area.
- Celebrations for Jamashtami continue today and people are also performing the Dahi Handi ritual.
- Helicopter services amid the cloud-burst hit in Arakot have been suspended temporarily due to two recent helicopter crashes.
Today News Headlines 24th August 2019 – Sports
- PV Sindhu has secured a place in the semi finals and has also simultaneously reserved her 5th medal at the BWF World Championships.
- Sai Praneeth is the first men’s singles to win a World Championships medal. Before him it was Prakash Padukone who clinched a bronze for India in 1983.
- Gurajat Fortunegiants edged a win over Patna Pirates with a score of 29-26.
- Rahane has been performing well for India in the Tests and now, Ishant Sharma took a five wicket haul and has put India in a strong position.
- After WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) banned NDLT (National Dope Testing Laboratory), BCCI is concerned and wants clarity about the dope control policy of NADA.
- Sumit Nagal qualified for the US Open and is also the youngest Indian to feature in the US Open. He defeated Joao Menezes and will now be seen playing against Roger Federer.
- Bumrah has become the fastest Indian to reach 50 Test Wickets.
Today News Headlines 24th August 2019 – Entertainment
- Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advani were seen in Versova post their shoot for ‘Laxmmi Bomb’, which is a Hindi remake of Tamil movie, ‘Muni 2: Kanchana’.
- Sushant Singh Rajput will next be seen with Shaddha Kapoor in their upcoming movie, ‘Chhichhore’ along with Varun Sharma.
- Hritik Roshan was seen wishing his co-star, Vaani Kapoor on Twitter for her birthday. They will soon be seen on screen along with Tiger Shroff in the action flick.
- Priyanka Chopra on Instagram shared a heart-touching post on her Dad’s birth anniversary.