Today News Headlines 27th August 2019
- The RBI’s board has approved to make a transfer of Rs 1,76,051 crores to the government which includes dividends for 2018-19 worth Rs 1,23,414 crores and Rs 52,637 crores of excess provisions. This year RBI marked their largest surplus ever of Rs 1.23 lakh crores.
- The shift in safety norms and higher taxes have substantially raised the cost of cars which has also affected their affordability. In this process, Maruti Suzuki has cut off 3000 contractual jobs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made a renewed pitch to get a seat at the NSG (Nuclear Suppliers Group).
- Rera real estate regulator recently moved out of two housing projects in Noida. They also held 55 notices and orders to avoid any overlap with the NCLT proceedings.
- In the recent interview of Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Trump said that PM Narendra Modi told him that all things were in control in J&K.
- PM Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah visited Arun Jaitley’s family to offer condolences.
- Loiya, a resident of Uripok Khaidem Leikai in Imphal West has been protecting nature and fighting deforestation for the last 18 years by replanting a forest named, ‘Punshilok’ which also means ‘Spring of Life’.
Must Read: Latest India Business News 27th August 2019
Today News Headlines 27th August 2019 – Sports
- In the Pro Kabaddi League match between Haryana Steelers and Bengal Warriors, Vikash and Vinay shined out with their stellar performances and won the match for Harayan Steelers 36-33.
- The 22-year-old Indian, Sumit Nagal won the first set played between him and Federer at the US Open. Although he did not win the match, this one set win has made him quite happy.
- The Union Minister felt that he made an achievement by bringing BCCI under the National Anti-Doping Agency and has ensured the rule of law in the sport.
Must Read: Journey of PV Sindhu to the elusive Gold
Today News Headlines 27th August 2019 – Entertainment
- The Title track of the movie,’Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas’ has unveiled after the long wait since the release of its trailer.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali registered ‘Izhaar’ as the title for his next film which will probably be starring Shah Rukh Khan and might set to release on Eid 2020.