Today News Headlines 29th August 2019
- The Union Home Minister, Amit Shah flagged off the battery-operated Eco-friendly buses in Ahmedabad today and has also taken part in a tree plantation drive in the area.
- The Defense Minister, Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 26th ‘Kisan-Jawan Vigyan Mela’ held in Leh Ladakh.
- The Enforcement Directorate is examining documents after MNS Chief, Raj Thackeray walked out the Matoshree Realtors’ deal with a profit of Rs 20 crores in the partnership with Consortium constructing Kohinoor Square Towers in Dadar without any personal investment.
- The governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Satya Pal Malik announced that his government would be filling in nearly 50000 vacancies in the next few months.
- In a new study conducted by the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, it was revealed that during EI Nino years, pollutants from south Asian countries can amplify effects on climate cycles on the monsoon which will worsen the ongoing drought situation.
- India and France are set to hold strategic talks on acquisition and development of defense equipment. This meet will take place in Emmanuel Bonne, New Delhi by NSA Ajit Doval.
Must Read: Latest India Business News 29th August 2019
Today News Headlines 29th August 2019 – Sports
- Elavenil Valarivan won the 10m Air Rifle gold in the ISSF World Cup that took place in Rio de Janeiro. Elavenil shot a score of 251.7 in the final to claim the gold.
- The National Sports Day ceremony will take place at the Rashtrapati Bhawan today.
- The Indian Cricket team for the South Africa series will be selected by September 4, 2019. Let’s see who will be the number 4 batsman for this series.
- In the recent Pro Kabaddi League matches, Dabang Delhi won against U Mumba 40-24 and Haryana Steelers won over Gujarat Foryunegaints 41-25.
- Today, on National Sports Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Fit India Movement from Indira Gandhi Stadium in Delhi.
Today News Headlines 29th August 2019 – Entertainment
- Karan Johar’s production house recently announced their new upcoming movie based on IAF pilot Gunjan Saxena on Instagram. The first look of the movie is out now and it stars Janhvi Kapoor as the lead.
- Priyanka Chopra will next be seen on screen with Farhan Akhtar in the movie,’The Sky is Pink’. This movie is set to release in October this year.
- Shah Rukh Khan will be seen giving a guest appearance in ‘Brahmastra’ which stars Ranbir Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Alia Bhatt, Mouni Roy, and Dimple Kapadia.